Chapter 31

Chapter 31

“You do realize that whatever you do will affect me as well?” I asked Layton.

He let go of me. His mood was still heavy, and he growled lowly.

“I don’t understand Zeverus or what he’s doing.”

“Zev isn’t doing anything.

“How the hell does he have a girlfriend all this time, and he can’t keep himself away from you?” Layton asked.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means that I have no interest in any other girl. All I want is you. All I think about is you. The thought of another girl— it repulses me,” Layton said, taking a seat on the couch, looking like a little kid.

I chuckled lightly, even though I knew laughing would upset him. It was hard to not find his behavior cute, even if he wanted to be friends, or whatever it was that he wanted with Hanna.

“I want to meet her,” Layton said.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” I replied, remembering my previous encounter with Hanna.

“Do you think that you can be friends with Zeverus and I can’t befriend his girlfriend?”

 “I’m fine with you ‘befriending’ her. I just don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“Let me decide that for myself,” he said, with an expression that made me frown.

“Well, then go for it. I just don’t want to be involved,” I told him.

The idea of Layton meeting Hanna unnerved me, but I knew Layton would do whatever he wanted whether I approved or not.

“Let’s all get together,” Layton proposed.

“What do you mean with ‘let’s all get together’?” I asked him, hoping it wasn’t what I was thinking.

“Why don’t we go on a date?”

“Go on a date,” I repeated.

He wanted to do it to bother Zev, but it was getting to me as well. I didn’t want to hang out with Hanna, and I didn’t want to go on a double date with her and Zev either.

“What’s wrong with that?” Layton asked, looking offended.

“We have never been on a date before, Layton. This is the first time you propose for us to go on one, and you are only doing it to spite Zev,” I replied, my voice sounding flat.

Layton stayed silent, but he was staring at me. He wasn’t expected that reply from me, but it was true. He had never asked me out anywhere, other than to go meet his pack and his parents.

We were finally going out, but it was just so that he could meet another girl. The girl happened to be Zev’s mate, and she happened to hate my guts.

“I’m going to my room. You can let yourself out,” I told him.

I got up and started walking up the stairs. Layton came after me, and embraced me from behind, placing his hands tightly on my stomach.

“I didn’t mean it like that. Don’t get mad, Cassidy.”

I sighed, and allowed myself to rest against his body. Standing pressed against him felt nice.

“If you get mad, it will only make me think that you don’t want me to meet her,” Layton whispered in my ear.