Chapter 19: Him

Kristen and I haven't talked for two days. No text, no calls. Nothing. I don't know what happened. We started our Friday morning in a very nice way, and I thought it would end up in a good one but it didn't. It got me up all night thinking why did she walk away from me. Was there something wrong with my question? It wasn't really that personal but, was it? Why did she have to walk away? She can just tell me she couldn't answer it if she doesn't have any answer for that. I'm not mad about it though. Just upset that my day ended up just like that. I wanted to blame her but I couldn't. I know she has a reason behind what happened. I wish she would just tell me if something's wrong. Kristen seems to be really mysterious. Whenever I look into her eyes, I couldn't read her that much. I want her to be always fine. These past few days, she had been really happy unlike before and I like her being like that. Seeing her happy makes me happy. I may not know the reason why, but at least she's smiling and I'm happy about it. As long as I can, I want to keep her happy. It's so rare and unusual to see her like that and whenever that happens, it's a perfect view.

I put my beanie on as I make my way to school. It only takes twenty minutes for me to get there so I really don't get late for class. I wish I live closer to my bandmates so I don't have to walk alone. This has been really my thing ever since, and I haven't walked with anyone to school yet. Being alone is kinda nice too, but yeah, I still prefer being with someone somehow.

I got into the campus gates and immediately had a little battle in my head on whether should I text Kristen right now or not. I want to know if she'll be around today. It's Monday today and there's a big possibility that she's going to be really lazy today. I want to text her to know if she had an amazing weekend. I know she doesn't have much friends to have fun with, but I know she can manage to have fun on her own. I want to know if her leg is okay now. Would she able to skate now? Is she going to skate her way to school today? And if not, how long would it take her to walk here? Is she having a hard time? Damn these thoughts. I want to hear from here. I want to have all the answers from the questions I have in mind. But I'm having doubts. I'm afraid she'll get mad at me for talking to her. What if she doesn't want to talk to me? Kristen is so weird.

I ended up deciding not to text her, but I waited for her at the gates, though I'm not a hundred percent sure if she'll be around today. Well at least now I'm somehow getting used to it. She'll show up just when she wanted to, and she won't show up if she doesn't want to either. But of course, I still prefer having her around.

Ten minutes before the bell would ring, she showed up. A small smile immediately formed in my face. It has been only two days but it seemed like forever. I've missed seeing her. I've missed being with her.

"Hey." I said as she got closer.

She looks different today. She's wearing a navy blue jeans and a Pierce The Veil hoodie, and her hair is down. This is the usual Kristen, but not with the smile. She's smiling at me right now. I guess I'd be somehow wrong if I say she's not in the mood to see me.

"I didn't expect to see you here." She stated, half smiling. "Good to know you're not mad at me."

I smiled but I wanted to shout. "Well uh- I expected you wouldn't show up today." She chuckled lightly.

"But, you waited for me?" She pointed out and I feel my face turn red. No man, blushing isn't good.

I tried to change the subject.

"So you have your skateboard with you today. Is your leg okay now?" I asked, getting a bit relieved that I finally had the chance to ask her about this.

"It's not too bad at all but uh- I'm just afraid to try again. Maybe I'll wait for another week before I can skate again."

"Did you see the doctor or...?" I asked as I looked in her leg. She somehow felt uncomfortable so I immediately looked away and turned to look back at her.

"No I uh- I just uhm- I can handle things on my own. I'm giving myself a break from skating in a week." She replied with a wide smile. It's so unusual to see her like this. But it's really nice.

"But why did you bring your board then?" I asked, a bit confused.

"You'll find out later."

Kristen smirked and started walking, leaving me behind. She turned to look back again, gesturing me to follow her inside the campus so I did.

I wonder what this girl is up to.

*

The whole day had been really boring. I hadn't seen her since this morning. We didn't have lunch together for some reasons. I'm starting to think she went back home and cut classes again. I waited for a small pink-haired girl to show up in the cafeteria but no one came. I can't be disappointed at her no matter how I wanted to. Maybe I just have to wait until the end of classes and find out if I'll see her again today or not anymore.

That four hours of classes felt like forever. When then bell rang, I hurriedly ran to my locker and then outside to the tree to wait for Kristen. I don't know why but I'm really excited. I'm excited to find out what she's going to tell me, and of course, I'm excited to see her.

I played with my phone until I saw Kristen walking towards me, carrying her bag and her skateboard. When she saw me looking at her direction, she smiled at me and tried to walk faster.

"Sup." She approached. I took her skateboard.

"I hadn't see you at lunch today. What happened?" I asked.

"Oh, that..." She bit her lip and looked down, then back at me. "I fell asleep at the rooftop." She chuckled and I joined in.

"So what are we going to do by the way?" I asked. I'm just really excited to find out.

Kristen looked at me with a devilish grin and I turned to gave her a confused look with a smile. This is it. I am seeing her playful side. Please keep this going.

"What?" I asked again.

"Well I hope you're prepared." She said, crossing her arms.

"Why? For what?" I asked once again.

"You'll be having free skating lessons today, woohoo!" She threw hands up in the air playfully.

Kristen grabbed me by the wrist and tried to drag me but she failed. I remained standing where I was as she just try to pull me.

"Do you want me to smack you with a board or you'll come with me?" She retorted with a not-so-serious tone. My eyes widened and she grinned. I did the same thing.

I let her drag me to the park without even saying anything. Aside from not wanting to get hit by a skateboard in the face, I honestly can't speak. I'm lost for words. She's almost holding my hand and the contact makes me weak. I don't know. It's weird but, yeah.

"Here we are! You ready?" She asked with a smile.

"As always." I replied, acting to sound uninterested. But in all honesty, this is all what I wanted to do.

"Okay so here." She placed her board on the floor and placed my right foot on it. She grabbed my arm and got back up. I laughed at her.

"What?" Her confused looks are the funniest.

"You know I can put my own foot in there. I'm not really that dumb?" I stated, laughing lightly.

"It's a good start! At least I'm teaching you well and this is for free so shut up and just pay attention." She stated and I still laugh, earning a light punch on the arm from her.

"So you should place your right foot on the board that way. Make sure you feel comfortable and you know you can balance. It's gonna be all good." She said and I followed.

"Don't put your foot on the edge, it's not safe. When you're all ready, use your other foot to make you move." Kristen stated and I just stared at her. I'm really dumb at this.

"Go on. Give it a go."

I positioned my right foot on where it should be and started moving by my left foot. When I'm already moving, I immediately placed my other foot on the board and got satisfied on what I did. Within two seconds, I lost balance and fell onto my left. My leg hit the floor and whether you believe it or not, I almost cried because of how much it fucking hurts.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

Kristen ran towards me and she was obviously panicking. There's nothing really to worry that much though. I don't know why the pain didn't last that much.

"Holy shit are you alright?" She asked, panting.

"I-I think I can't- I can't walk anymore." I joked, acting like it still hurts.

I wish she could see the look on her face right now. I want to laugh.

"Oh my god Calum I'm so sorry! I'm really sorry oh my g-" I cut her off by laughing out loud.

I remained laughing as she remained sitting on the floor, glaring at me. Before I could manage to run, a shoe hit my face.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you!" She exclaimed and laughed.

For the next few hours I think I have learned enough about skating. I could last at least five seconds with the board now, without falling. I can sway and turn, and I can skate faster. But she thinks I still suck. It took us three hours but it was really worth it. We didn't fight or anything. Within those hours we just laughed and learned how to skate. Being able to see Kristen's playful side is probably one of the nicest things I have ever done. I never thought she could be this fun, and if only I can, I'd stop the time and rewind just to be able to see it again.

It was already dark when we decide to go home. She couldn't skate, I don't have a car, so we're both going to walk.

"Are you that far from here?" She asked.

"Kinda. You?" I asked back.

"Just a few blocks away."

"Can I walk you home?" I didn't know why I said it but I said it anyway.

Expecting that she would reject me again this time, she pulled her hair up in a bun and grabbed her skateboard.

"Sure."

*

Kristen isn't the kind of person who talks too much. She's always quiet, always thinking. She keeps glancing on me and it starting to get awkward. I honestly can't come up with anything to say, but I started a conversation anyway. I don't want things to get weird.

"I didn't know skating could be that fun." I said, smiling.

"Told you." She uttered.

"Thank you by the way." I looked down, then turned to look at her.

"For?" She looked at me.

"Today." I smiled. "I had fun."

"You can't skate." She stated and chuckled. I joined in.

"Thanks. I had fun too."

She just smiled at me and I did the same thing. Just as when I was planning to hug her, we got into her house. It was pretty big.

"So here I am." a tone of sadness evident on her tone.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" I moved closer.

Please don't back away.

"See you then."

"Goodnight Kristen."

I was the one who was planning to do this, but I got shocked when she threw her arms around me and buried her face on my chest.

Kristen is hugging me.

I wrapped my arms around her little body and placed my cheeks on her head. The smell of her strawberry shampoo lingered on in my nose and I just smiled as I close my eyes. I would do anything just to make this last.

"Goodnight." She smiled and pulled away.

Kristen went inside her house and I turned to my right and started walking. I couldn't take away the smile on my face. I can still feel her small arms around me. I had a little piece of heaven when she hugged me. It was like a life support. I couldn't get enough of it.

I took my phone out and clicked my Twitter app.

"I stacked in on the skateboard and now my leg hurts"

After a few seconds of tweeting I immediately got few retweets and replies. The memories of Kristen and I learning how to skate flashed back into my mind and I couldn't help but chuckle lightly. I had so much fun even though I had to risk my own leg. It was painful, but it didn't last that long. I don't know why.

I clicked the app and tweeted again.

"I can't skate by the way."

I locked my phone and remained smiling to myself as I walk my way home.

I wish we could do this again tomorrow.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

GUYS! PRETENDING HIT 2k READS OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME I LOVE ALL OF YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Please don't forget to vote and comment what you think about this chapter! I would really love to know what you think! Thank you so much! :)

-- Trisha