Chapter 11: Unforgiving

(Unedited, 2nd draft)

Chapter 11: Unforgiving

Waking up in Chance's arms the next morning was more smooth and relaxing than I thought it to be. Opening my eyes, I came to face Chance and me cuddle together, throw my bedroom mirror that was contacted to my dresser. It looked as if me and Chance did all this all time and that we were really a loving couple.

He had been the perfect gentleman last night. I could see and feel the arm that he had under my head last night was now wrapped around the top of my chest and his hand had laid on my other side near my armpit area. Were his other arm had stayed wrapped around my stomach area and was pulling me has close has he could to his chest. I could now see his head moving about has I felt him, smoothing down my hair down.

I started to hear Ayanna walking around and I try to get out of bed only to have Chance pulling me back into him. I looked out the opening of my bedroom door to see she was now walking down the hall, but didn't stop and look into mine. It didn't take long till I heard Ayanna screaming "He's gone, he left me. He promises he never leave." Which made Chance pop up on the bed and take one look at me before he was running out the door and to a crying Ayanna.

Has I also ran down the stairs also and found Chance rocking her like a baby. "It's ok Ayanna. I'm here I didn't leave. I was asleep in your mommy room. I promised you I won't leave you again. It's ok, stop crying." He looked up at me with a hint of hatred with hurt locked in them and I knew it was because I was the reason Ayanna had thought he was going to leave her again. It never made me feel so low about myself, till it did that moment.

I kneeled down and smooth Ayanna hair out of her face. "It's ok angel, everything is fine. See your daddy didn't leave you. He was just asleep with mommy." I felt Chance bring one of his hands around my waist pulling me into them. I had to wrap my arm around his neck a little to keep from crashing into them. "Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

Before Ayanna could answer Chance interrupted "No, we will just get something along the way. We need to get on the road soon."

I looked up at him and see he was still looking me dead on, but the hatred was gone. This time his eyes were saying don't question him; I let out a sigh and asked anyways "Where are we going Chance?"

"Home, my mother wants to meet Ayanna." He reply, "Plus, we need to be there on Monday morning to meet your father's lawyer for the reading of the Will."

"But Ayanna has school on Monday," I comment back, he need to know Ayanna education did mean something.

"I know, but one day not going to hurt her. We will be back here in time for her to go to school on Tuesday promise." He said putting Ayanna down and looking down at her "Now do you want to go meet your other grandma?" She didn't answer but turn and ran back up the stairs and disappear into her room. Chance walked over to me and pulled me up to him "I say she anxious to meet my mother."

His mother that was one person that only crosses my mind a few times since I had gone home last week for my father's death. I took in a slow breath, knowing that I haven't heard the end of this. "Chance do I need to go? I can always drive up there Sunday night or even Monday morning." He looked down at me and I knew he could tell I was trying to back out of the lashing his mother was going to give me.

"No, Milly, we need to start acting like a family, for Ayanna sake, so you're coming with us." He commanded. With the strained look in his eyes, I knew that was no more room to talk him out of letting me stay. "Now go upstairs and get ready." I sighed and started to pull out of his hold only to have him bring me closer to him and kiss my cheek. "Waking up with you in my arms was the best feeling I've had in a long time, but next time please don't try to choke me with your hair." Then he releases me and walked into the guest room.