HANGUL!

Today I will teach you how to read and *hopefully* write Hangul ! I was originally going to talk about K-Entertainment but I was like NO! I will teach you hangul  first ^^ K-Entertainment comes next!!!

Introduction on Hangul:

Hangul/Hangeul (known as Chosongul in North Korea) is the native alphabet of Korea! Hangul means great script!  It was created in 1443 during the Joseon Dynasty *I will talk to you about this in future chapters!* sometimes if we augment it by Chinese characters then it is called Hanja! But in the North, Hanja does not exist! Hangul has 24 consonant and vowel letters (14 basic consonant and five double, 8 basic vowel and 13 complex). Hangul letters are grouped into blocks for example: Let's write saram (person) as Hangul which would be 사람 Sa is 사 which would be the first block! Ram is 람 second block! Usually when writing a word in Hangul each block should contain two up to five letters! It must contain at least one consanont and one vowel! The blocks are arranged horzontally from left to right or vertically from top to bottom.

Now that I gave you an introduction let's learn how to read it!

Are you ready?

Firstly, let's start on the consonants!

Basic: ㄱ(g) ㄴ(n) ㄷ(d) ㄹ(r/l) ㅁ(m) ㅂ(b) ㅅ(s) ㅇ(ng or nothing or y at the start of a letter) ㅈ(j) ㅊ(ch) ㅋ(k) ㅌ(t) ㅍ(p/f) ㅎ(h)

Double: ㄱㄱ (kk) ㄷㄷ(tt) ㅂㅂ(pp) ㅅㅅ(ss) ㅈㅈ(jj)

Now the vowels!

Basic: ㅏ(a) ㅐ(ae) ㅓ(eo)ㅔ(e) ㅗ(u) ㅜ(o) ㅡ(eu)ㅣ(i)

Complex: ㅑ(ya) ㅒ(yae) ㅕ(yeo) ㅖ(ye) ㅘ (wa) ㅙ (wae) ㅚ (oe) ㅝ (wo) ㅞ(we) ㅟ(wi) ㅢ (ui) ㅛ(yo) ㅠ(yu)

You can write out some by themselves such as 아 (a) 애(ae) 어 (eo) 에 (e) 오 (o) 우 (u) 으 (eu) 이 (i)

Ta da!!!

My tip to you is to sound out the syllables! Blocks are formed by syllables *I know I should put this in intro but I forgot D:* like saram the first syllable is sa which is 사 and ram which is the second syllable is 람!

Another example: G-Dragon: 지(Ji *first syllable*) 드(deu *second*) 래 (Rae *third*) 곤 (gon *fourth*)

MY HOMEWORK TO CHU!

YES THAT IS RIGHT HOMEWORK! DON'T POUT AT ME IF YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS HOMEWORK YOU SHOULD COME SCHOOL HERE YOU WILL HAVE HEART ATTACK!

I want you to write your name or anyone elses name in Hangul! Say the name out and focus on the syllables first!

Activity:

In the comments I will give you links to two games to help you with Hangul! The first one there are arrows on the side if you click them it can switch you to romanization (non hangul! It uses letters that are also in English like 'saram' is the romanization and '사람' is hangul). Give them both a try!