Chapter 4

It took awhile for Jordan to get over her haze. Xavier had left her feeling confused, aroused, and longing for one more kiss. Locking the doors she dumped her bag and collapsed on the bed. Thanks to Xavier she wouldn't need to scavenge dinner from the vending machines. Now, as she lay on the bed, Xavier kept running through her mind. She remembered how his eyes would glow with lust as he looked at her making her skin prickle appealingly. Hopping of the bed she decided a bath would be relaxing and would hopefully calm her racing nerves.

She watched the small tub fill slowly and enjoyed the steam swirling around the room. Stripping down and tying up her thick hair she gingerly climbed into the tub. The hot water swirled around her body in an inviting caress drawing her into a drowsy state. But this seemed to only increase her thoughts of Xavier. The thoughts of his broad chest, his dark hair, his full lips, the rumbling of his chest brought a deep ache to her core. She drew her washcloth across her skin and pressed her legs together but it didn't seem to help relieve the ache. The cloth rubbed against her puckered nipples sending more pleasurable tremors to her core. Letting the washcloth fall to the bottom of the tub she ran her fingers over her body. Touching herself so intimately was rare for Jordan but her visions of Xavier encouraged her fingers to drift to her pussy. Opening her legs she let her fingers slide along her wet slit and across her clit sending enjoyable shivers through her body. The small tub didn't allow for much room so she lifted one leg out of the tub resting it on the ledge giving her more access and spreading her pussy to the warmth of the water.

Thoughts of Xavier bombarded her making her wetter and more in need of release. Her fingers worked furiously on her clit. A sudden image of Xavier as a black wolf popped into her mind. She wasn't sure where it came from or how but the glossy dark fur, strength in his stance, and the glow of his emerald sent her over the edge. Her hips lifted, her legs shook, and her breasts heaved as she moaned loudly while her fingers played between her toned thighs. Her release was gratifying and exhausting. Relaxing back into the heated water Jordan closed her eyes. She forgot about the strange image as her heartbeat slowed and returned to normal.

Finishing her bath Jordan climbed out of the tub and put on a tank top and panties and climbed under the sheets. She meant to do some reading but all she could think of was Xavier. He was kind, smart, and so sexy. Why he was interested in her baffled Jordan. No matter how hard she tried to focus on her book her thoughts always drifted back to the mark who inserted himself into her life. She tried desperately to remind herself not to get her hopes up but the thought of his tender kisses consumed her. She wanted to know what it would be like to return to his embrace and kiss him back. Her heart had gone off and become attached while her mind tried to reel it back in.

Giving up on reading Jordan set her alarm and turned off the light. She lay thinking of Xavier until sleep brought her more images of the black wolf she wouldn't remember in the morning.

---------

Xavier watched his mate's door intently making sure no one approached. He wondered what she was doing in her room when his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Xavier son, we need to meet tomorrow. My pack had a run in with some unknown wolves this afternoon"

"Is everyone okay?"

"Oh, yes! We didn't catch any of them but now that we know for sure that there are possible rogues we should take preliminary action. I already spoke with Terrence and Michaels they can meet at 12:30. Can you be there?"

Xavier groaned. Why did all of this have to happen while he was trying to court his mate? But protecting the pack was his duty getting more kisses would have to wait. "Yea, I'll be there."