No Angel

Michael's POV

Carmela kissed me on the cheek as we spent our afternoon at Tom Lee Park on the river. She sighed as the brittle December air chilled our bones. She was staring at the river in absolutely amazement. "This is beautiful." I nodded as I watched the park goers walk by us and stare. I shrugged it off as I enjoyed my time with her. "Have you talked to Bey?" She asked. I frowned. "Why do you care?" I shot back as I took a swig of my flask. Lately, alcohol had become my 'late night lover.' "Because....she is your wife is she not?" I sighed.

"We've been separated since November 'Mela."

Carmela sighed. "I knew. I just needed to hear you say it. It's so unreal. You two were wrapped up in each other and I-"

"We were. It's you and me," I said, "do you not want that?" I asked sternly. Carmela turned around. "Of course I do it's just...weird." "Well if you don't like it, then maybe we could just stop." I crossed my arms and shrugged. Carmela sighed. "It's cold and I'm ready to go," I announced. Carmela nodded and we headed across the street and up the stone stairs to the condo. "I had a nice time," Carmela stiffly said. I nodded. "I did too. Are you okay walking by yourself?" I asked. Carmela nodded and kissed my cheek. "I'll be fine for today Michael. Thanks." I nodded and headed inside.

Dana and Lisa were sitting on the couch quietly watching TV. "What's up ladies?" "Mm," Lisa muttered. I sighed as I heated up some leftovers and took a seat at the couch. Dana sighed. "How is Carmela?" Dana said. "We're good," I announced.

"The divorce papers came in," Dana confirmed, "it's waiting for your signature before we get it to Houston." I nodded. "Cool, I'll sign tonight." There was a stiff and unsettling feeling in the air. "What's wrong?" I asked. Lisa grabbed the remote and changed the channel to the entertainment channel.

"Back to Entertainment Tonight. Our most recent headline has been the supposed separation of King of Pop Michael Jackson and "Crazy in Love" singer Beyonce. Inside sources have said, 'Jackson and Knowles have taken a break from each other just to take time off to remember where they stand. Nothing has happened and nothing will happen.' Well, we wish the best of luck for Michael and Bey, and now the countdown to Beyonce's birth. The singer was last seen outside of a Target in Houston, Texas in August. Doctors have said that Knowles-Jackson is in the final month of her pregnancy and she will be delivering soon, but how will she deliver if her husband is in Memphis, Tennessee? Will Michael be there for the birth of their third child? We'll discuss more after the break."

Everybody in the living room stared awkwardly at the TV. I turned to the girls. "Well? Who's the inside source." Dana turned her head and Lisa stood up to answer the phone. "Dana?" "What?" "Did you-" "No, I didn't Michael!" I threw my hands up. "I'm just wondering shit." Dana rolled her eyes. "Have you talked to the mother of your kids lately? Since you're so busy with fucking your mistress." I sighed. "Dana, are we really-"

"Yeah, we really are. Why don't you call and see how she's doing." I sighed. "Fine, gimme your damn phone." Dana pulled her phone out of her pocket and tossed it to me. "Enjoy." I rolled my eyes as I dialed the number. I waited till someone answered.

"Daddy!"

I smiled as I heard my son's voice. "Hey son, how are you." "Good Daddy." I grinned. "Daddy misses you kiddo. Where's Princess?" I asked. "Hold on Daddy." I heard some voies and finally heard my babygirl's voice. "Hi Daddy." My heart swelled. "Hi darling. Daddy misses you." "I miss you too. Can you come home Daddy?" I sighed. "Baby, I don't know yet okay? H-how's Mommy?" I whispered. Princess answered, "She don't talk Daddy. She just write. Daddy come home." I sighed as I held the struggling tears back.

"I will baby girl. Just..hold on to me. I promise." I missed my children in my arms. I missed their smiles, their laughs, their eyes, their eager grown personalitie. Princess sighed. "Daddy, Mommy misses you." I sighed. "No darling. It's big people stuff. Be a good girl and don't forget me," I whispered. A stinging tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly sniffed and sighed. "Don't cry Daddy. I won't ever forget you." I smiled. "Thank you babygirl. Let me talk back to your brother."

I heard voices as the phone was being exchanged. "Are you done?" One voice said. Bey. I took a deep breath. "Pass it to your brother." I sighed. "Daddy?" I smiled again. "Hey boy. You be good okay? Be good to Mommy." "How can I?" He asked. I frowned when I received that question. "You do what she tells you." "Daddy, when are we gonna play ball again? Mommy can't play with me." I nodded.

"Soon son. Just be good." "Yes sir," my son answered, "I gotta go." "Bye son. Hold on to me," I whispered. "Uh huh." I heard the phone exchange until it was silence. I sighed, thinking the phone line was gone. "And tell your Mommy I forgive her."

Beyonce's POV

I heard Michael's stressed voice on the other end. I quickly hung up, but before hearing his last words. "And tell your Mommy I forgive her." I took a deep breath and continued to fix the nursery. I had finally moved into the new house. The nursery was connected to the master bedroom. I took a seat on the bed and looked around. Scattered papers of music were everywhere. I had new songs every thirty minutes, since it was just me and the twins in the house. I had the urge to call back Dana. I picked up the phone and dialed her number.

"Dana McNeil," she answered.

"Hi," I whispered. "Bey?" She whispered, "hold on. Let me go to my room." I waited until she came back on the line. "Dammit girl. How are you?" "Okay, I'm due at any moment." "No no. How are you?" I frowned. "Fine. The kids are good and we're fine." "You're damn liar," Dana shot back. "I see you signed the divorce papers." I nodded.

"Did Michael sign?" There was an ounce of hope begging that he didn't.

"I don't know. Michael isn't really here." "What do you mean?" I questioned. "I don't even know how to describe it. It's just not-never mind. I'm stressing you out." I frowned. "Dana please." "Unh uh. I have question." "Ask it," I replied.

"Is Michael going to be at the birth of his son?"

My heart skipped a beat and my chest tightened. "Why are you asking me? Don't you stay with him?" "Of course, but it looks like he doesn't even care about the fact that you could go into labor at any given moment." "He shouldn't," I whispered, "I deserve to be alone." "Don't beat yourself up. I mean yeah, you're very deep in the wrong, but-I'm saying too much."

I heard yelling in the background. "Oh crap. Michael and Lisa are so damn loud in that room. I gotta go. Bye."

I dropped the phone. Michael and Lisa. I should've known. I heard the doorbell ring. I groaned as I stood up and walked down the hall to the door. I opened it and saw Doc, Nurse Denise, and Solange. "Hi," I greeted quietly. "Well, we're here for this baby," Doc said warmly. I nodded. Solange and I didn't speak. She just walked past me and headed to her neice and nephew. "Hey auntie!" Princess greeted.

"What's up thuggin'?" Solange asked as she kissed Princess and tickled Prince. He hollered out in laughter. "Bey," Doc whispered. I turned around. "We called a therapist in for you. Just for precautions." "Okay." "So, how are you feeling?" Nurse Denise asked as we walked into the master bedroom. "My back hurts a lot more often now and I'm so worn out I can barely do things around the house." "Why are you moving around so much? You need to slow down." I knew that. I just didn't want to admit it.

I shrugged. I took a deep breath. "I just want to give birth. Can't you induce my labor?" I begged. Doc shook her head. "Only when you're late." I sighed. "Fine then. We'll just wait till then, if he isn't out." Doc nodded. "We should," Doc confirmed. "I just wanted to stop by, but Solange is staying with you for help." I nodded. "Thanks Doc." Doc and Nurse were heading to the door, until Doc turned around.

"I need you to reconcile with Michael. This issue is stressing you and if it gets any worse. The baby will come out with more problems than a math book," Doc whispered. "I'm not joking, Bey." She headed out the door with that in mind. I sighed and continued to the bedroom. I crawled into the bed and laid down. "My baby shouldn't have more problems than a math book, Doc."

Michael's POV

I woke up that next morning hearing Christmas music. I sighed as I rubbed my back. Putting up that damn tree with Lisa was a damn mess. "Oh dear Jesus," I groaned. I rolled out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. I washed my face and stared at myself. "Another day. Another mistake." I walked into my bedroom and woke up Carmela. She was sprawled across my side and her side of the bed. "Hey!" I smacked her bare thigh with my belt. She jolted up. "What?"

"Get up," I ordered, "you gotta go. Lisa doesn't like it when you're over here." Carmela pouted. "Aren't you the man though?" "Yeah, but I didn't buy this house. Lisa did and I can't overrun here. So let's roll out, ma'am." Carmela sighed. "I had a good time last night though." I nodded as I put on my boxers and put on a pair of sweats and a long sleeve t-shirt. "Didn't you?" I nodded again as I sat on the bed. Carmela chuckled and curled up under me.

"I think I want to spend the rest of my days with you," Carmela whispered. My eyes bucked and I side-eyed her. "What?" She asked loudly. I sat up. "Carmela, you're beautiful and wonderful and sexy and you made me feel alive again, but I'm not...looking for a new wife. I'm looking for someone to comfort me. That's all." Carmela's nostrils flared and her eyes shot daggers.

"So, you only wanted sex!"

Well..if you wanna say that...

"No, not that. I just needed someone to talk to me. The way we do and kind of. Sex was very appreaciated." Carmela shot out of the bed and stormed into her clothes. "I can't believe I could even fall for you like that! I'm only your rebound!" I sighed as she cursed me out in Italian. I escorted her to the door. Dana, Lisa, and another man were sitting at the kitchen island watching this.

"You're a pig Michael Jackson!"

I sighed as she fussed. "Are you done?" I shouted. Carmela stopped. "Good, now put on your knock off Louboutin's and get out. I only wanted someone to comfort me and you did that, but you got too serious. So..hit them streets babygirl." I pointed to the door. Carmela threw her coat on and spat in my face.

I wiped the spit off my face. "That's was very unlady like." Carmela's nostrils flared as she stormed off. "By the way!" I called. "I've eaten cheesecake better than your vagina!" I hollered. Dana and Lisa gaped at me. "I can't even find a decent friend with benefits anymore," I said in a exassperated tone.

I walked back into my makeshift office and sat down at my desk. The brown envelope which had been sitting there for weeks stared back at me in the most menacing way.

I finally opened up the envelope and stared at the divorce papers. I didn't bother to read. It was what Bey wanted. "What Bey wants," I said aloud. "Sure." I took the pen in my hand and stopped.

"I wish I could redo everything, and spend more time with her and love her more and not be so mean at certain occasions. But it's life. I just don't want my unborn son to grow up with the same judgement as I. I just want my kids not to deal with what I'm dealing with."

This revelation left me quiet and lonely; wanting my wife again. I took a deep breath and signed on the dotted line. My signature mocked my man hood as it was a surrender saying, "I can't deal anymore! I made a mistake. I can't fix what I've messed up!" I put the papers back in the envelope and stared at the picture on my desk.

It was Beyoncé and I. She was wearing a black dress; months pregnant with the twins. I had my arms wrapped around her with a smile on my face. And her smile was genuine, not the smiles I received in the last months. I sighed even louder as I sealed the envelope.

The ball was officially in her court.

Authors Note: I'm writing this on my phone, but YALL!!!! HAVE YALL HEARD BEYS ALBUM!!!!!!?!!!!!!! I GOT THAT HOE DURING LUNCH AND I HAVE BEEN DYING!!!!!!!! OMG BEY GIVES ME LIFE!!!!! AND THEN BLUE IVYYYYY!!!!! *fan girl attack* okay I'm done. But that album is hella wonderful. I hope y'all got it. Because it's just ugh...yeass Lawd. Her album is just *dies* ugh. I'm gonna go have my fangirl attack at 10:30 at night now xD if you haven't! GO GET THAT MUTHFUCKIN ALBUM! Thanks be unto to Jesus for school wifi. I got exams this week and then I'm done! But one of my teachers is testing my faith in Jesus  -.- she gone get this paws if she don't fix my grades. Listen to the song "Blue" by Beyonce ft Blue Ivy. That's the song for this chapter. BLUE IVY'S VOICE IS SO CUTTTEEEE!!!! IMMA JUST TAKE HER LITTLE CHUBBY BABY AND PINCH HER CHEEKS AND BRAID HER HAIR!!!!!!! Okay fangirl attack over with .-. I'mma go get ready for church, because I need Jesus for this week. Ciao fangirls.