prologue

Hey all. Just trying out something knew. So comment and tell me how you like it.  

Pic of Mia on side ---------> 

Thanks whines8 

****************************

"Come on Mia, this is the best way to get rid of it," my best friend Lauren said to me as we walked up to her room, "Your nineteen now, its time to get that weight off your shoulders," She pressed as we both stepped into her room. She has been begging me for the past hour to go with her to Virginia Beach to spend summer break at her parents villa.

You would think I'd be thrilled to go spend the summer in a nice place like Virginia beach, but I wasn't. Because not only did Lauren want me to join her, she also had this crazy idea in her head that if I went to Virginia Beach for the summer she would finally shed me of my v-card for sure. Of all the insane ideas my best friend has ever thought of this had to be one of her craziest.

I walked over to the edge of the bed and sat staring at Lauren like she had lost her mind "No Lauren, I'm not spending the entire summer trying to get 'laid'" I told her for the fourth time today, putting imaginary quotation marks up on the word laid.

She just stood there shaking her head at me like a disappointed mother. I could tell she was about to go into a rant any minute now, but I wasn't budging because I knew her. If I agreed to her little idea she would have me trying to talk to every guy in Virginia Beach and I wasn't trying to do that, not now not ever.

Watching my best friend go into a full out rant about how I'm being unreasonable and how I need to live a little, had me inwardly laughing. Lauren, my crazy best friend.

Lauren and I have been friends since the beginning of forever. Our families are really close friends and that's why Lauren and I are used to spending every waking moment together. Lauren is a fire cracker as people would say, very outspoken, unpredictable and anything but shy. Lauren's been bugging me about this 'losing my virginity' thing only so I can be 'on her level' as she so clearly tells me constantly. She lost her v-card our sophomore year of high school to her boyfriend at the time. But Lauren wasn't the type to hang all over a guy, heck she didn't need to anyway. All she had to do was bat her bright blue eyes, toss her long blond hair over her shoulder and give a pearly white smile and the guys were like putty in her hands.

I on the other hand was a plain jane compared to her, with my long brown hair, big brown eyes and overly curvy figure I didn't feel as pretty as my best friend. Unlike Lauren, when it came to guys I was self conscious and insecure with my body and looks. I just felt awkward and immediately became tongue tied whenever a guy tried to talk to me. Hints the reason I'm still a virgin. I've never even kissed a guy before, I start to panic just thinking about it. I'm so pathetic.

I refocused my attention back on Lauren, who was still rambling "..... Don't you want that Mia?" Lauren finished her argument and looked at me expectantly. "I'm... What were you saying now Lau? I was spacing out for a minute," I told her and she gave me an exasperated sigh.

"Mia you have to come! Please! What will I do without you? I'll be all alone in that big house with no one to talk to and -" I held my hand up and cut her off mid sentence before she could go into another rant. Blowing a long breath out I said, "Okay, I'll go -" Lauren started jumping for joy before I even finished, bouncing around like a kid at christmas.

"ONLY on one condition," I stated firmly. Lauren stopped in the middle of her jumping to turn and look at me with the biggest smile ever, "Ok, anything, what is it?"

"No trying to hook me up with anyone. I'm serious Lauren. Just having fun and hanging out ok?, no guy business," I said pointing my finger at her sternly.

"Okay, okay I promise!" she said with excitement in her voice. She then ran over to where I was sitting and tackled me into a hug. "Thanks Mia. This is going to be the greatest summer EVER!!" Lauren all but squealed in my ear.

I better not regret this...