Chapter 1

Hi, I'm Lydia Black. I'm not normal, I get told that everyday. I'm weird, but its a good kind of weird. Like random weird, but I'm also shy. Sometimes I get lost in my head daydreaming, thinking, or just straight up spacing out. I'm the one who gives relationship advice when they've never actually ever been in a relationship. Do I want one? Yeah, but I want to wait until I find the perfect guy. Most of the time, you can find me always laughing, smiling, and being around my friends. Other times I feel like I'm being drowned. That the madness if the world envelops me and surrounds me with nothing but darkness. Am I safe? No. Why? Because I hate myself. Am I okay? No. What's wrong? Everything. What hurts the most? My heart. Why? Because I know I'll never find my mister right, that i'll never be good enough for anyone. My pain is always hidden by a seemingly perfect smile.

I was sitting in my usual spot in the cafeteria with my earphones in, blasting King For A Day by Pierce The Veil ft. Kellin Quinn. "Hey ladybug!" my best friend Parker said, yanking one earphone out of my ear. Ladybug is his nickname for me because my name is kind of close to it and my hair is ginger and my last name is Black. "Hey Parker." I say with a small laugh. "Whatcha listening to? Hm?" he asks putting the earphone he took out my ear into his. "Only the best song ever created." I reply. "You my friend have awesome taste in music." he said, playing an air guitar along with the song. Then my other best friend Stacy sat in front of us and raised one eyebrow. "King For A Day again?" she asked. " You know it!" I said. She laughed and reached out for the earphone that Parker had. "I wanna listen!" She yelled. "Get your own music dealer!" he yelled back slapping her hand away. "Don't make me smash your guitar Park." She said threateningly. "It's air anyways so ha!" Parker said. "You two are like

kindergarteners." I say smiling. "Well I'm the sexiest kindergartener you've ever seen." Parker says with a smirk. Me and Stacy looked at him blankly then busted out laughing. "That was hilarious!" Stacy said after she stopped laughing. "I'm serious." Parker said with a pout. "Aww did we offend the little Parker?" I asked doing a puppy dog face. Parker started smiling and rolled his eyes. I've never liked Parker as more than a friend, but I had to admit he was kinda cute. With his light brown swooping hair and light hazel eyes. He was always dressing like a total bad boy. Stacy on the the other hand always wore preppy clothes, but she's not like the other preps because she could care less if you're rich or not. She's actually pretty cool and easy to talk to. "Hey Ladybug?"Parker said. "Yeah i answered looking at him. "You wanna come to a party with me and Stacy tonight?"he asked. "It's at Jason's house, which means almost the whole school will be there!" Sacy yells excitedly. Jason is the school's #1 jock that almost every girl wants to be with, except me. Since I'm the only one who doesn't want him, I'm the one he wants. "I don't know...." I say. "Don't worry if that creep tries anything he want be awake long enough to get halfway through the party." Parker said noticing what I was worried about. "Yeah okay ill go." I respond after thinking for a bit. "Yes!" Stacy and Parker yell at the same time. "Dude, lets never do that again. That was creepy." Parker said looking at Stacy. "Yeah let's not." Stacy responded.