NMF P5

**Emilia's POV**

I knew I wasn't the only one chosen, but I felt hopeless everything seemed fictional, after spreading the cure… I thought giving people the cure will clinch the humankind in them but I was stupid thinking of that, humans are mad creatures that wanted everything for them, greed and corruption without limits always growing inside of them.

I realized my big mistake too late, but as a genius I should make fiascos to make me  feel better . Even though.. I decided to do some field research so I was there in middle of battles analyzing data and stuff. It was really impressive watching the ugly monsters we had inside coming out.

In one of my observation days, something weird happened, people were leaving this world with smiles on their faces and many extraordinary things happened, like blind people watching and vegetable people awakening.

So I realized a parallel investigation, yeah I'm a nerd, and had no social life, but who needed social life in a war? I prefer digging in the lies that waiting for a bullet hit my heart. Sue me.

6 months had passed, my food resources were gone I was starving to death for a couple days and my body became weak. I looked the mirror and saw a granny watching it…. Obviously I knew that granny was me, wrinkles (very small almost inexistent wrinkles)  in my eyelids and my forehead. So I regain some energy and started working on some beauty treatment.

First of all I needed to find honey and cucumber and wild plants. I went to a death zone and found what I needed, processed it  and created a useful  masque.  Then I analyzed some data and went out searching for food. My stomach was making weird noises, almost sounded like a hungry lion, but then back into de death zone I found a Wal-Mart almost full. So I wandered around without worries.

I ate a silent dinner and packed 2 shopping carts with food and supplies and then I found a sedan with its keys inside. Lucky me I packed more food and slowly drive to my underground shelter. The next week I did the same till I emptied the Wal-Mart.

Something was bugging me, two months ago there were lots of people fighting about goods and food, fresh corpses scattered in streets and indoors. On the week when I didn't went to field research as I needed to classified data something happened because the town became a death zone, even animals disappeared. I was too busy recording data and making conclusions that it slipped my mind.

The very next day early in the morning I packed some food and basic survival stuff and went to the death zone. I created a powerful excavator because smelly corpses annoyed my nose. So I decided to clean for good the death town. I created some exploration robots and programmed them to look for corpses they labeled them according to sex and place where they were found. Then the robots lined up till the excavator finished the mass grave I located in a football court. Then I took notes about the apparent cause of death.

So in resume there were few people responsible for the deaths in the death zone.  2 serial killers and 3 armed groups. There were at least 4 thousand people killed by a hummer in their sleep and 32 thousand people burned to death, the other 59 thousand were killed by bullets, bombs and grenades.

I ended up compiling data for this town, I knew what happened to death zone at least. I was terrified , how could people do this without feeling guilt…

>>To be continued

Support this story by voting and fanning