Chapter 8

This chapter is dedicated to iAmMrsFredWeasley. This chapter was so frickin fun to write! I hope you have fun reading it as much as I had fun writing it! :)

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story it belongs to J.K Rowling. I only own what I come up with.

the picture to the side is of Ava's dress. Ain't it pertty!!! :)

The song to the side is the song Ava sings at the Yule ball.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!! ENJOY THE CHAPTER :)

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Chapter 8

I sat in a giant empty classroom feeling out of place. All of the gryffindors 4th year and above were in here. Girls on one side of the room while the guys were on the other.

I listened to Professor McGonagall with an amused expression, she seemed quite uncomfortable with this subject. I could see why, but still it was funny to watch her.

" The Yule ball is approaching... a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now the ball will be open only to fourth years and above... although you can invite a younger student if you wish..." McGonagall said looking around awkwardly. I could tell she just wanted to get this conversation over with.

All of a sudden a shrill giggle escaped Parvarti Patil. Her face was working furiously as she fought not to giggle. Parvarti looked over at Harry with a huge smile still holding back her giggles.

I tried not to roll my eyes as I looked back at McGonagall. Geez I've only been single for what.... 3 days.... and already people are after Harry. It irked me, I knew they were only flirting with him because he is a champion.

" Dress robes will be worn" Professor McGonagall went on, ignoring Parvarti " and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then...."

McGonagall stared deliberately around the room at everyone.

" The Yule ball is of course a chance for us all to.....er..... let our hair down." She said in an awkward voice.

I giggled. Professor McGonagall, with her hair in a tight bun, looked as though she had never let her hair down in any sense.

" But that does NOT mean" Professor McGonagall went on " that we will be replacing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor Student embarrasses the school in any way. I don't want you to act like a big bumbling band of baboons."

I giggled again and heard Fred turn to George and say " Try saying that five times fast."

Eventually McGonagall made us all stand up and get a partner and practice dancing. I inwardly groaned. I've never danced before, so I'll probably look like a bimbo trying to dance.

Most of the boys remained sitting, to embarrassed to even get up. Whilst all the girls got up eagerly and looked around greedily for a partner.

I was one of the last girls to stand up. I walked to the front of the line looking for Harry.

I made eye contact with Harry and we both nodded. We may have broken up but he's still my best friend. Plus I'd feel even more awkward if I had to learn to dance with someone I barely know.

I gracefully leapt to his side and waited for Mcgonagall to tell us what to do.

She told us how we were supposed to stand and many of the girls eagerly placed their hands on their partners while the guys groaned.