Ego: R&R

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The boys would be coming back this weekend, I can't lie I am anxious to see Harry but only a little. I'm a dirty liar I can't wait to see him it's been almost three weeks. I crept out into the hallway so I don't wake Gwen because the last thing I need right now is her infamous third degree. I went to the bathroom and showered. You still haven't gotten your period, Valerie. It's not unusual to be a little late.

Plus it's not like I can just walk to the store and buy a pregnancy test. People know who I am because of Harry. You know what, fuck it. I got dressed and was about to leave the bedroom when Gwen greeted me in front of the door.

"Here." She handed me a First Response box.

"What? Why do you assume I need this?" I chuckled nervously.

"Uh, uh don't give me that go take the test."

"Why do you even have this? Do you just have these things lying arou-" the doorbell rang cutting me off and cutting Gwen off before she unleashed her fiery lips.

"I'll get it. Go do what you have to do. Oh and I don't just have these lying around I bought this for you. One minute you're eating like crazy and then you're barfing it all up." She said as she descended the stairs. I stuck my tongue out at the back of her head and went back to the bathroom.

"What are you guys doing here already? You weren't suppose to be back till this weekend."

"Didn't you miss me babe?" Zayn crooned.

"Of course I did! But guys Dani and El stepped out."

"Is Val here?" Harry's voice sounds raspier and deeper it doesn't sound like him. This has got to be the longest three minutes of my life, I sat on the counter after I washed my hands and listened to the sound of heavy feet ascending the stairs.

One thin pink line appeared on the screw as Harry knocked on the bathroom door and opened it.

"I'm not pregnant." I blurted out. I don't know why I said it he didn't suspect I was.

"What?"

"Nothing." I threw the test in the garbage by the handle.

"Hi, Harry." I smiled weakly feeling the stinging sensation in my eyes.

"Hey babe." He smiled through his red rimmed eyes.

"You've been crying." I point out wiping his tears away with my hand.

"Hey, I'm not afraid of my emotions," he takes a deep breath patting his chest. "I'm a man." I chuckle as I wipe away my own tears.

"I'm tired of making you cry. I'm tired of fucking up with you. I hate seeing you like this and knowing I'm the reason for it."

"I only have one question. Was it only when we weren't together?" Please god let him say yes.

"Yes. I only did it to try and forget you. I would never sleep with someone else while I'm in a relationship." I've been fighting this internal battle whether I can forgive him now because he did it while we weren't together or not forgive him because he did it regardless.

"Can I stay the weekend?" He asks.

"I don't think that's a good idea,"

"Oh." He breathed out.

"I don't think it's a good idea because Zayn and Gwen aren't quite." I give a small smile and his eyes light up.

"But then again neither are you." He chuckles gently pulling me closer to him. I shouldn't do this, I'm doing the same thing I always do. I always forgive him at the drop of hat. But to be fair to Harry and myself it has been a few weeks.

"Stop biting your tongue. What's on your mind?"

"How do you do that? And I'm thinking about why we are still in the bathroom." It's not a complete lie , but its not exactly the truth. I've gotten into the habit of biting my tongue when I'm thinking but its not even noticeable.

"You're bottom lip sticks out and I don't mind standing in a bathroom as long as I'm with you." I rest my head on his chest wrapping my arms tighter around him.

"I missed you so much I haven't cried so much since I was you know. Even then it's not the same I could've probably filled a small lake." He chuckled as he held me tighter if that is even possible.

"Then both our tears combined could've made a normal size lake. Have you told the girls?"

"If I had told Gwen she wouldn't have let you up." I answered quietly against his chest.

"I guess you're right." He said as his phone vibrated against my thigh. I pulled away to let him answer it but he pulled me back fishing the phone out his pocket.

"Hello?" He questions gruffly, I look up at him with curious eyes.

"Fuck her! She deserved what happened to her." There was a long pause.

"You're not going to kill anyone you prick, I fucking dare you to lay a hand on her." He pulled the phone away from his face hanging up angrily.

"Was it Leah's guys?"

"How do you know about that?" Shitshitshitshit!

"I uh, I guessed?" I averted my gaze to the floor.

"Wait. Was it that Shane guy?!"

"No." Yes.

"We need to build trust and we can't have that if we are lying to one another! Was it him, Valerie?"

"Yes." I answered quietly.

"But he called to check up on me and then he told me that they found the place empty except for Leah's dead body and that her guys were going to come after us." I rushed everything out and Harry's eyes were a fierce green.

"Tell him he doesn't need to check up on you. I am here to do that. Tell that fucker to mind his own god damned business!" He raises his voice causing me to flinch but I nod my head. I shouldn't have even answered the phone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Don't kill me I know I took long I'm sowwy but blame Wuthering Heights! I'm reading it and oh god it's good! Also check out my story called Submissive, its on my page.

Vote & Comment❤ I love you guys!

Inspirational quote: "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." Milton Berle