Chapter 2.

Chapter 2
Miguel

Manila, Philippines

He was about to lit a cigarette when he felt arms suddenly wrapped around him.

He could feel her warm, soft skin. He wasn't wearing anything but a towel wrapped around his waist. Nasa balcony siya ng penthouse ng hotel.

He was staring blankly at the clouds, not really seeing them. He used to admire them, how perfect they are, their exquisite beauty complementing the magnificence that is sky. Or the sky itself, of how it can turn into different colors, all of them other-worldly beautiful. Or the trees, the sea, he could go on.

But that was before. Nothing seems to be wonderful to him anymore.

"Babe, let's go back to bed." she said, seductively. Habang hinihimas ng kanang kamay nito ang dibdib niya. Hindi siya nagsalita. He gave her his four hours, that was already enough. In fact, it was already too much. Four hours is too much. Usually it's two, sometimes he gave them two and half. If she's good and a wild cat, like this one, he gave them four. Not that he couldn't keep up, he's just not interested in talking, cuddling, or anything other than sex. They might get other ideas. An hour or two are enough to fuck. Besides, an hour of someone like him is precious. He could earn millions in an hour.

Biglang tumunog ang cellphone niya nakapatong sa may table sa tabi niya. Tinignan niya muna iyon ng ilang segundo bago niya kinuha.

But before he answer it, he tilted his head a little to his right side. He looked for her name in his head but couldn't remember. And considering he has a very sharp memory, a gift but sometimes a curse, he guess he just didn't bother knowing her name.  They fucked. That was it. No need to remember names.

"You can now leave" he ordered, coldly.

She stilled. "W-what?" she asked, as if hindi nito narinig ang sinabi niya.

Bumalik ang tingin niya sa harapan. Mukhang di ata malinaw dito kung ano ang nangyari sa kanila. The bitch thought she could get more from him.

"You should know that I hate repeating what I've just said." This is one of his pet peeves. He hated repeating himself. He hated wasting time. "Leave. Before I call someone to escort you out." Tumalikod siya dito.

She didn't move for a few seconds before she grunted angrily "Ugh" and he guess, left. It was good he didn't have to call the security this time.

He answered the call. Antonio. "What?" he snapped.

He chuckled. "Calm down, dude. What did the girl call you this time? Wait, wait. I'll guess. Was it heartless jerk? or was it cold-hearted ass? That one's my favorite" Humalakhak ito.

"Shut up" nilagay niya ang sigarilyo sa bibig nya at binuksan iyon gamit ang lighter. "What is it?" he asked impatiently after tossing the lighter and puffing a smoke.

"Okay. Okay. Come over my office, it's about the new project."

"Right" he said and hang up.

Pumasok na siya sa loob ng kwarto and walked towards the bathroom. While in the shower, the cold water washing off the scent of sex off him, he thought about what Antonio said. Napangisi siya ng mapait nang mapansing walang tinawag sa kanya ang babae kanina. Most women called him names, all of them not far from the truth. He was, in fact, cold, soulless, heartless. The jerk was debatable because before he fucks them he made sure they know what they're gonna get and what they are so calling him a jerk for making them leave or leaving without a goodbye or not answering calls/texts (which is funny dahil di naman nya binibigay ang number nya and he hated when they call at his office) is funny because he didn't promise them anything. It's hello, fuck, goodbye.