Welcoming

I was instantly awake when I heard the bedroom door open.  Nobody should be here; no one but me.  My heart was racing and my breathing picked up pace.

"Mikeal?"  I whispered, even though I knew it couldn't possibly be him.

The lights were flicked on and I was looking at a face I hadn't seen in three years.

"Mikeal!"  I repeated as I jumped out of bed.

"Alexandria!"  He gasped and ran towards me.

I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist instantly as my arms incircled his neck.  I nuzzled my face into his collar bone, inhaling deeply.  He had stumbled backward slightly before re-catching his balance and wrapping his arms around me and rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry," he was whispering over and over as he kissed my neck, my face.

"Where have you been?"  I tried to be demanding, but I was simply too happy to see him.

Mikeal walked us over to the bed and gently laid me down, moving with him.He was laying ontop of me, and I was letting him.  I told myself I would cuss him out and send him away again if he ever came back.  I guess I had forgotten how much my husband meant to me.

"Ireland," he murmured.

"Wh--Nevermind that, you're here now.  That's all that matters."

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Nevermind that right now, Mikeal.  I have a feeling this may just be a dream.  I don't care.  You're here.  Finally.  Make love to me."  I murmured in his ear.

And, that's exactly what happened.

***

I'm sorry this is horrible.  I haven't been feeling well, and I was being to picky...I decided to just say ^&*% it, and write something.  Next chapter will be better!  Hopefully.

I'm also sorry it took me so long to update as well.

I'll probably re-write this or something later, but for now, here you go!  :]