Chapter 1

Let me know what you think!!! Good, Bad, Or UGLY! HaHa********************************************

.....................................................................................................................

Does any species on the face of this earth understand the meaning of love? Do they understand that it is a state of mind, an act of devotion, and much too often misused? I thought I knew what love was, but life has a way of altering your perception of love. It's a true mystery that even the most intelligent fail to gasp, and the most undeserving benefit significally from.

Though all the things that love may be, it still wasn't enough to save my family. It wasn't enough to hold back the undeniable truths that tore us apart. Love surely wasn't enough to hold the beautifully painted lies we crafted over the years, oh the lies untied effortlessly. Love had no strength against the lies, and quickly wilted like a forgotten rose. My mother's death was the last bit of love leaving my body, and I finally felt free in that. I stood over my mother and looked her in the eyes for the last time. I watched the life leave her eyes, I witnessed love destroying her far worse than the wounds she had suffered at my hands. The fear of losing the things she loved burned her heart. Never again feeling the love of her family and the love of her life. I felt nothing for her in that moment. Peace was at my front door, so I opened the door and turned my back on love. Diving ambitiously into the arms of peace, realizing that I would never love again.

I never realized how much the truth would shape my existence, the people I loved, and the things I believed in. I always knew I was a different from others. I could feel that difference in every part of my being. My attentive mother tried her best to comfort me in my times of insecurity. I couldn't leap from high places or smell fear in humans like my family could. I could only love them and learn from them. I always felt like a puzzle piece that went with the picture but was manufactured incorrectly. There was never a time I fit in with my family or felt one with them.

The night I discovered I wasn't like my family was completely devastating for me. The night was still young, and I was still worrying about normal teenage things. I stood there looking in my mirror admiring my new body with curious eyes. I was turning eighteen in 9 months and my body was developing so quickly. I just kept thinking about finally growing up and leaving this strange town. My thoughts were temporarily interrupted by my brother Galvin's loud footsteps. He was always so over dramatic and annoying. His knock was always very loud as well, so I tried really hard to ignore him. I had no time to fight with Galvin this time; my mind was racing because of Tyson.

Tyson was a rage of a boy, with long dreaded hair and skin as dark as evil thoughts. He had already phased at 16; so, he was full grown in nature, but lacked respect and self-control. This was always a cause of concern for me, but I often brushed it off as a part of his wild nature. He was 6ft 7inches tall, his arms and back ripple with muscles and strength. His body was constantly hot and beaming energy underneath my fingertips. Rumor had it that Tyson was my mate by force. My father set it up when I was five years old. We never talked about it, but everyone knew we had no real connection. Secretly some of the pack members despised my father's way of thinking but no one spoke up. My father was ruthless and powerful, but I loved him just the same.

I could hardly think with all the noise at my door. Galvin was kicking and banging, but I continued to block him out. I had gotten a compliment from Tyson that day at school. Which was a rare thing coming from him. We always liked to keep others guessing about us. We would even fake a fight just to start a rumor and get people to talking. It was always funny to hear what lie they could make up next. We were always being silly like that. We also had other times though; times were he completely took my breath away. I lived for the way he would grab a fist full of my hair and kiss me. Even though I felt he was imagining someone else.