Would I Lie

I immediately made my way to the kitchen to pinpoint my window peepers, no surprise I found all three of my brothers standing around drinking wine casually as if they had not just been spying, irritated I walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch next to Cat cupping my head in my hands with a sigh.

"What's wrong sunshine?" she chimed rubbing my back.

"The boys were spying on me the entire time I was out on the porch." I huffed.

Dani turned her attention from the TV to face me, "Which boys?"

I shrugged, "I don't even know, they all look equally as guilty but I would bet money it was Joe and Nick.

"They are just being big brothers sweetie..." Cat said trying to reassure me. "it's their job to automatically hate any boy that comes along vying for your attention, just give them time to get to know Josh and I am sure they will warm up to him."

"What do you think of Josh?" I questioned turning my body toward Cat and tucking my feet underneath me.

She shrugged. "From what I have seen he seems to be a pretty good kid, he definitely scored some points by being around this past week but I don't really know him yet."

"At least you aren't automatically against him like the boys." I huffed.

"Don't be upset with them sweetie, they are basing their opinions on what information they have, and from what Nick tells me, he doesn't have the best track record."

"He admits he has made mistakes in the past, in fact he defended the boys treating him like crap which just makes me even madder at them for not giving him a chance." I spat in frustration.

"Want me to beat 'em for you?" Dani asked making me smile.

"It would certainly help me out." I said only half joking.

"I will talk to them," She said giving me a smile and standing from her position on the loveseat letting out an audible groan as she got to her feet.

"I'll help," chimed Cat hopping up from the couch, both of them heading toward the kitchen to confront the boys, I followed directly in tow.

"Well, did you enjoy the show?" Cat asked cocking a brow in Nick's direction as she walked into the kitchen, Nick took a sip of his wine as he shot her a look of confusion.

"What do you mean?" he said playing it coy.

"Cee says you were spying on her out the window when she was out on the porch with Josh." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

Nick's eyes darted to Joe and Kevin before locking again with Cat's, "It wasn't me! It was Joe!" he accused sounding like a toddler. Cat's eyes traveled to Joe who was immediately on the defensive.

"Don't look at me, it was Kevin!" he argued.

Both Cat and Dani turned their attention to Kevin who's mouth dropped open in shock. "ME?! No way...it was all those two." He said pointing to Nick and Joe.

"Mmmmhmmm...I'm sure you are completely innocent." Dani mocked not in the least bit convinced.

"Fine I MAY have accidentally looked out the window when I heard a noise and caught a glimpse of her and Josh." Kevin blatantly fibbed.

Dani smirked, "Wow...you all really suck at lying."

"Would we lie to you?" Joe asked playing the completely innocent card.

I busted out laughing as all eyes fell on me. "Yea right, you guys never lie to me."

"I don't know what you are talking about." Joe stammered.

"How about the time you managed to convince me that you were a superhero and had super powers namely the ability to fly and melt things with your mind? I got in trouble for lying and had to write 'I will not lie' lines during recess."

"I forgot all about that one." Joe chuckled with pride while clapping his hands as he reminisced.

Nick attempted to act appalled. "Wow Joe, way to go."

I quickly turned my attentions to Nick, "Oh please, remember the time you convinced me that I used to be a twin but since she misbehaved Mom and Dad got rid of her? You used to tell me if I was bad that they would get rid of me as well."

Everyone laughed. "It's not funny! I nearly had a mental breakdown at age 5 when I broke Mom's favorite vase because I thought I was going to be tossed out."

"I blame myself really," Kevin mused making light of the accusations, "When I left for college they were bored and you were an easy target."

Turning to Kevin, I shot him a glare. "Like you were any better? When I asked you where babies came from you told me that it's when Mommys and Daddys eat popsicles in bed late at night. I got in so much trouble for hiding popsicles in Mom and Dad's bed; I ruined a perfectly good mattress set and I still didn't get a sister!"

"Kevin!" Dani shrieked as Kevin laughed. "You were so mean."

"No, she was just gullible." Nick laughed.

"Yes, well, she is older now and I think she is perfectly capable of handling herself in a conversation with a boy WITHOUT the constant interference of her brothers." Dani lectured folding her arms across her chest and giving the boys the stink eye.

"Even if said boy is a hoodlum with an agenda?" Joe questioned.

"He is not a hoodlum with an agenda!" I nearly screamed before turning on my heels and running upstairs to my room.