Forever Dead ::19:: To Kill and Angel is to Kill your Soul

Start from the beginning

“She needs me to take something.”

“What is it?” I thought I heard something about a necklace, but I wanted to be sure.

“It’s something powerful that Nicholai has. It belongs to the woman that is leading the VSA.”

“Isn’t your mom leading them?” I was getting confused by this mess.

“No, she works for the witch. Just like everyone else does.”

“Witch?” My body shivered at the word.

Lucia looked up with wide eyes and stood, ready to run for the exit. “I’ve already said too much.” She yelled over her shoulder.

“Stop!” My voice shook with power and instantly the ground shook. The grass coiled and grew in tall lengths. The roots in the ground shot up and they all warped together, forming a block in front of the exit.

I looked down at my hands and saw the glowing purple tint. I watched them as they faded back to a normal hue of peach.

“You have your powers.” She stated. I saw her watch me nervously.

“I didn’t mean too.” I said, hoping she knew I didn’t want to hurt her.

“I know. But that’s what makes you more dangerous.” I frowned at her and crossed my arms.

“From where I’m standing, you’re the dangerous one. You’re the one who is working for a group that kills vampires, the people who raised you.” My words struck her and she cried again. I felt bad instantly.

“I’m sorry Lucia, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad. Well, actually I did, but I regret it.” I walked closer to her, and she began to softly cry.

“You’re right though. I betrayed the only family I truly have.”

“How did you betray them?”

“I gave my mother information when she needed it.”

“Why?”

“Because if I didn’t then the witch would kill the man I love.” I internally rolled my eyes. It always came down to love didn’t it?

“Well then I am sure they would understand. Lets go talk to them, you and I.”

“No!” She refused the hand I offered her.

“Why not?” I asked, getting angry.

“Because I can’t. She will know if I tell them. She has spies everywhere. She’s very powerful Audrina.”

“If she is so powerful why can’t she come here and get whatever it is they want you to take.”

“Because she is locked someplace. She can’t be released until she has the necklace, and in the meantime she has the rest of the VSA doing her dirty work.” My eyes widened at the information. It couldn’t be…could it?

Lucia realized her mistake. “I shouldn’t have told you that.” She bit her nail.

“Lucia, I helped Quinn take a necklace from Nicholai last night.”

“You took it? I went this morning to take it and it wasn’t there.” She breathed a sigh of relief. “I thought Nicholai caught on to me.”

“Nope, it was just me!” I said frustrated.

“ What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Oh nothing. I just helped an evil vampire take the only means of escape I have from here.” I cursed my luck. If I could get the necklace back, I might be able to tap into all that power and get myself out of here.