A Messy Situation

Dedicated to my 40th fan!!!

........................................................................................................

I jumped out of my skin when there was a sharp clap of hands. I’d been so lost in the feel of Lucas embracing me that I forgot about his parents sitting just inches away on the couch in front of us. I felt my cheeks heat up when I untangled myself from Lucas. He laughed at my embarrassed expression and I kicked him lightly in the shin.

“Well, now that we have that sorted.” Sue said. “What are we going to do about this bitch Marley?”

I blinked. Sue never cussed; she said it was the language of the devil spawn of Satan. Once, she actually even washed Luke’s mouth out with soap. That was an unpleasant experience I will never forget. Luke looked just as flabbergasted as I did. Sue sighed when we just stared at her with out mouths anchored to the floor.

“Don’t just stand there, boy!” She barked at Lucas. “Marley’s just exposed Amber on national television. You better get on that phone of yours right now and clear things up. I’d hate to see what her mama has to say about this.” I cringed. It was instinct to shy away from any mention of my mom.

She’d been on business, as had my father for months now. Neither parent paid me much attention anymore now that I wasn’t dependent on them as I had been as a child. Despite all this my mother had the scary wrath all child bearing women had; and there was no way she was going to allow her daughter to make such a spectacle of herself in public.

Gritting my teeth I watched Lucas’ stony face as he dialed a number on his cell – presumably his agent – and began whispering urgently down the phone. He turned his back to all of us and walked out of the room. I understood that Lucas wanted his privacy while talking on the phone but this was my life, my reputation on the line here too. Sue gave her son a worried glance before joining me on the couch. Placing a comforting arm over my shoulder she pulled me into her so I could rest my head on her shoulder. Sue had been the maternal mother I’d always wanted. While I still loved my parents I couldn’t say we were close, Sue was my mother. My mom was more of a…fond business partner.

Lucas had been talking to Jerry for hours now. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was nearly four. Sue called me into the kitchen for some dinner, she called Lucas to the table too but he never came. John, Sue and I ate in silence.

When we were finished Sue cleaned up the dishes before following John into the lounge. I made an excuse that I needed to use the bathroom and instead tiptoed towards the dining room where Lucas’ frustrated whispers floated out of a the door which was cracked open slightly.

Feeling sneaky and only slightly guilty for eavesdropping, I crouched down outside the door and strained to hear the conversation. I only caught snippets.

“I know what you told me…no…I don’t care.” There was a pause, I imagined Jerry arguing with him.

“You don’t get it…I…her. She means everything to me…no. You need to sort this! I know her name’s public now but…I know. Jer, you have to help me out here…kill her…not ready…”

What on earth is he talking about?

“…Her parents…exactly what I wanted to avoid…yeah…okay…whatever…right, bye.” I heard his phone snap shut angrily. There was an exasperated sigh and I imagined him pinching the bridge of his nose. Footsteps drew closer and I stumbled back in surprise. I ran into the kitchen before Lucas caught me outside the door in a very compromising position.

Positioning myself on the staircase, I made it seem as though I was just coming down the stairs as Lucas came out of the dining room. I pretended not to see him. He looked exhausted but smoothed out his feature when he caught sight of m

“Hey, Ambs.” He gave me a tight smile.

I smiled back at him warmly. “How did everything go with Jerry?” I saw a flicker of panic flit across his face before he quickly composed himself.

“Fine, he said he’s going to try his best to smooth this out but your name’s out in the open now. He says to be prepared for the worse.” Lucas’ face turned grim and I tried to ward off the grimace trying to form on my face.

Lucas took my hand in his. “I’m heading over to the studio now, I’m going to try and see if I can sort out the mess Marley has created.”

Feared sliced through me at the thought of Lucas going back on camera in the midst of all of this controversy. He smiled at me and stroked my cheek. “Don’t worry Bambi. I’ll sort this out. I’ll protect you.”

I grabbed his hand and kissed his palm. Lucas went into the lounge to grab his car keys and tell his parents where he was going. He came back into the hall as he was shrugging on a stylish black leather jacket. He came over to me and kissed me on the forehead.

“Don’t wait up for me Bambi, take yourself to bed and I’ll join you when I get back.” Lowering his voice huskily he added. “Feel free to greet me as you did this morning.” I felt my cheeks flame at his comment.

“Hmm…I don’t know,” I mused. “You might have to show me what you mean.” I teased. Lucas smirked and shuffled closer to me. I gasped as I felt his feather light touch graze across my skin under my skirt. He trailed his fingertips along my panty line from my ass cheek to my increasingly sensitive area.

“I look forward to it.” He vowed before kissing my temple. I was so dazed I had to shout to catch him before he closed the front door.

“I’m coming with you!”

Lucas looked back giving me a sad smile. “I don’t think that’s such a good idea Bambi, maybe next time.”

I pouted which caused him to chuckle as he shut the door on me. I sighed and joined John and Sue in the lounge where the same channel was still on the telly. The same presenter as before was in a different part of the studio announcing the breaking news. At the end of the news segment he pressed his fingers to his ear.

Looking slightly uncomfortable he looked at the camera. “It looks like Lucas Wolfe will be making an appearance after all, join us at five for the exclusive interview between Lucas and Marley after their very explosive break up announcement.”

I chewed the side of my cheek as I waited nervously for the time to tick by. The camera cut to a shot of Marley backstage, looking extremely frightened.

I suppose ever cloud has a silver lining.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry this chapter is a bit shit it's just a filler to get the creative juices flowing and have something to upload :3

Loveyoulotslikemygreensocks! :) xxx