Steal My Heart Chapter 3

*

"Hey sweetheart," a low voice sounded behind Jordan startling her out of her reverie. Turning quickly she prepared to defend herself before she realized she was working in the shop not out on a dangerous street.

"Oh, hello. How can I help you today?" Jordan set down the ceramic kitten she was holding to give her full attention to the blonde man standing before her. Though he was smiling at her she sensed something off about the man. He would have been attractive if his brown eyes weren't so cruel and his presence was more threatening than the one at the café. Stepping away from the man, she made sure the baseball bat Henry stashed in the corner was in reach and kept an eye on the exits. She wasn't sure of his intentions but she knew from experience not to take any chances.

"Are you looking for something specific? Or maybe a gift for someone special?"

"Yea, I'm looking for something specific. I saw you through the window and thought a good looking girl like you would look good on my arm tonight. I am going to show you a real good time," the man said leering and reaching for her.

Swatting his hand away and inching closer to the bat Jordan gave the stranger an incredulous glare.

"I sell ornaments and ceramic figurines beyond that I can't help you." The smile on the stranger's face waivered slightly.

"Sweetheart, I'm Marco," he said flexing his muscles in a way he must have thought was alluring "Girls throw themselves at me and I'm willing to spend my time on you. So I will be picking you up at 9. Where do you live?"

Jordan laughed. She couldn't imagine how this arrogant man could actually think she wanted him. "Forgive me if I don't swoon, but I'm not interested. Now unless you plan on buying something, you need to leave," she said sternly preparing to return to work. Jordan could see how her disregard infuriated Marco, his faced turned red, the vein in his forehead throbbed dangerously and his smile turned into a scowl. Striking out Marco grabbed Jordan's wrist in a bruising grip dragging her closer to his imposing figure. Leaning in, Marco got right in Jordan's face. "You will be going out with me. It's not an option," he sneered spit flying out of his mouth.

"Let go!," Jordan yelled. She could deal with pushy assholes but this one had gone too far. Before he could finish his threats she punched Marco square in the nose feeling the satisfying crunch and warm blood drip from his face. Marco hollered and released her now bruised wrist allowing her the chance to lunge for the bat leaning against the wall.

"You bitch! How dare you . . ."

"Kitten, are you ready to go?," both heads turned quickly to the door in confusion. Jordan's eyes widened and her mouth went dry as her day dream strolled into the shop. Warm green eyes gazed into hers taking her breath away. Jordan stumbled forward instinctively preparing to reach out for him when Marco rounded on the man.

"Get out of here. She's with me," he yelled one hand trying to stop the flow of blood while the other waved furiously at the stranger.

Her green-eyed dream glowered down at Marco without a word. Standing face to face for a moment Marco's snarling expression became unsure, then he began to shrink towards the door.

"Man, I'm sorry. I just saw her through the window." The stranger continued to glare, arms crossed over his broad chest, as Marco sputtered explanations nervously. "She's hot I couldn't pass that up. But if she's yours . . . I'll just be on my way." By the time Marco was at the door his voice was barely a whisper. He held his hands up in front of his bleeding face trying to shelter himself from the powerful man's wordless threat then he scampered out into the street. Marco wasn't one to be scared easily but he knew a powerful shifter when he smelt one. He'd have to make his move on the girl another time when she was alone. He considered just leaving her alone but he couldn't let some bitch best him like that and get away with it. He'd be back one day soon.