Ch.3: Baby Mama

After the incident with the school Williow become rather nice to Mady. Willow had grown a great fondness for the woman who is taking them in. Every day after school Willow and race up the stairs to do her homework so that she can spend a few hours with Mady before it was dinner time. The time could easily get cut in half if James or one of the younger kids need her so Willow works with great haste. This had been their norm for a few months. Adam, Douglas, and Forest have become thicker then theifs since they began sharing a room with three-layer bunk beds. The kids were adjusting monumentally well. Forest, the youngest brown-haired boy had even begun to refer to Mady as mother Mady. Something Mady adored but she would often remind the boy that he had a mother. Willow has been the one to correct her saying Her mother had never acted like a mother. As the large family set in the living room watching a live-action Disney movie the door rang. Forest raced to the door and excitedly pulled it open.
"Mady, Mady someone's here!" The little boy called Mady who cane around the corner from The living room. Mady assumed it was due to all the calls regarding children's schooling, she had been on the phone constantly for the past few days with social services, The school district, and the lawyer regarding her husband's finances. Though as she made it to the door a figure came into few that of a young very pregnant woman. The women stood there for a minute unsure of what to say. She tried to speak but was unable to find the proper word as her hands moved Maddie notice something the ring that matched her own wedding band set on the women's finger. The young woman finally managed to find her voice.
"My name is Crystal, I think we had the same husband..." The petite little blonde woman then explained how she had been swooped off her feet by an older gentleman who promised her a house, car, and all the things she thought she could never have. He had even put a ring on her finger that was until eight months ago when she had gotten pregnant and he began ghosting her. It had taken every cent she had to find him, Crystal explained that her Private investigator had come up with a lead to the corners office which had to lead her here. "I just wanted to talk," Crystal said teary-eyed. Mady being the softhearted woman she was opened the door letting in the blonde women. Mady invited her into the kitchen and began making some tea.
"So," Mady said softly with a weary smile.
Crystal reaches into her purse fishing around and she pulled out an old crumpled photo. She tenderly handed the photo to Mady who momentarily smiled. Mady recognized when the photo was taken because her husband had received a terribly short crooked hair cut. At the same time he claimed to have gotten a promotion though if his bank statements were anything to go on, it had been her money supporting them for years. Mady haded the photo back.
"What will you do now?" Mady said pouring her a cup of tea. "I don't know," Crystal said with sad blue eyes that were much like Madys. As Mady observed Crystal an insane idea popped into her head. The courts didn't want to give her custody of the kids on her own but maybe if another adult was involved they would allow it. So Mady explained how Richard had more than one mistress that three of the kids playing upstairs belonged to Richard and his mistress. Crystal was stunned and evening more surprised by Mady's offer.
"If you stay and help me get custody of the kids, I'll give you the room upstairs, all the food and medical attention need for the baby" it wasn't hard for Crystal to decided. "Really!" She exclaimed looking hopefully at Mady. "Maybe we always supposed to meet, after all, God always has a plan," Mady said with a smile as she reaches out to give Crystal's hand a gentle squeeze. The younger girl beamed. "I'll help in any way I can" Shortly after becoming friends, introductions, and lunch. James arrived he was not as enthusiastic as Mady had been to have her around in fact he was hostile and cold. Crystal picked up on it right away. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked while helping to clean up lunch. James' face softened slightly.
"No, you didn't" He ran his hand through his hair tiredly. "It's just so much has happened" James gave her an apologetic smile.
" You'll have to forgive me I'm not always so cold" Crystal returned the smile.
"You're a good brother," James and Crystal shared a laugh as she grabbed her stomach making a pained face. Mady and Sarah had just entered the room when Julie suddenly let out a pained cry. Crystal looked around panicked. Luckily Sarah's mother of two was well experienced, she begins belting out orders. " James watch the kids, Mady start the car!" Sarah lead Crystal to the car. Without another word the women off to the hospital. With record time they made it to the hospital breaking several speeding laws.
Once inside the hospital, things began to happen really fast the doctors let her to the back. So they wouldn't let the ladies back with her since they were not family. The women paced around nervously as they waited for answers. Mady eventually fell asleep in the uncomfortable beat-up grey chair. Sarah however managed to finagle her way in to see Crystal after claiming to be her stepsister. Sarah went back and helped the young mother relax. The baby was born a beautiful girl.
In the morning Mady was allowed in to see the baby and new mother. Crystal was glowing as she beamed up at Sarah and Mady.
"Look isn't he beautiful" Crystal held up a small newborn baby with black hair. Her eyes were closed so they had no way of knowing thereeye color. Mady gushed "He is so cute" Crystal breathed a sigh of relief.

"There precious" Sarah gushed.

"There?" Mady asked as a second baby boy was brought in. "Twins," she softly said talking as the nurse handed her the second baby. Mady was stund at the news. It was shocking to know her husband had been able to father so many. It had to have been the universe trying to warn her. With a mindful look she pushed away the thought the bastard could rot in hell for all she cared. After all everything happens for a reason and this was that reason: Crystal and the twins need a home and she need a aid.
After a long talk the two came to an arrangement.
That evening Crystal was excited and bright to leave and be going home with Mady. Things were Breyer when Mady was around. Expressly since the nurses began to bully the young mother telling her she had to have a car seat or they wouldn't let her leave. Crystal was crying when Mady arrived Big crocodile tear formed in Crystal's eyes though to her surprise and delight Mady and Sarah had two-car sets.
"Ready to go?" Crystal's eyes began to water. Through audible garbled words, she told Madeline that she didn't want to impose.

"Honey We wouldn't have come back if we didn't care," Sarah said bluntly As she begins packing up the room.

"Thank you, I can't thank you enough"

"Something good had to come from it," Mady said referring to her husband's indiscretions.

"I love your attitude," Crystal said as she and the babies were wheeled down the hall. She was then put into a minivan that began the Long tedious drive across town.

"Let's order pizza" Sarah suggested thoughtfully. "Don't you have to get back to the girls?"

"No they both at sleepovers it's Friday after all and James is already at your house," Sarah said with a yawned as she made a call for food. Crystal looked down at her babies as she thought of the man who had set this all In motion. What in the hell was he thinking? With another rah ale of her head she glanced at Mady who was so kind, optimistic and determined. How he could cheat on her was a mystery. It was going to take time to get used to but these women felt like a family.