The Bucket List (A Charlie Weasley Romance)

(Foreword: Anything related to the Harry Potter world is JK Rowling's. I am not taking credit for it; I am simply a fan.)

It was nearing the end of my sixth year at Hogwarts. Matt and I were in an outdoor corridor, the June heat flushing our faces. I was throwing a quaffle at him, and he would catch it, do a sit up, and throw it back to me. Yes, I would normally be with Allison, but she was nowhere to be found. Okay, so she was probably in the library studying for N.E.W.T's. But those were a full year away. I have time. I'll just meet up with her in the Hufflepuff common room.

"...Seventy three...seventy four...seventy five..." I counted for Matt.

Sweat was dripping down his face, and I was vaguely reminded of the many holidays spent at his house, with his nonstop training. His dad was ecstatic he had a son who could play well. His older brother went into writing articles for the prophet. His Mum was more pleased with Benjamin, the reporter.

"Eighty...Can we stop now? Gryffindor already won the cup, can't see why you keep trying." I rolled my eyes at him. Then again, how could they not? Charlie Weasley was a great seeker.

"Pride of Portree has asked me to come out and practice with them a few times this summer." he responded, wiping sweat off of his forehead.

"Ah. You always did plan ahead."

"Well what about you, MP? You have to grow up."

"I want to research the different uses magical creatures have on medical science."

"Like...flobberworms?"

"Well, I suppose so. That's the idea I have. But I'm really leaning towards the idea of dragons...or something a bit more majestic."

"Like threstals?"

"You know I can't see those."

I resumed throwing the quaffle at him, and counting his sit-ups. I wondered how my Dad was doing; he was a medical researcher, and had fully supported every half thought out ambition of mine since I could walk. Being a single parent can't be easy. But then again, I am his only child.

"...ninety six...ninety seven..."

Apparently, my mother ran away with some guy she had a child with two years prior to meeting my father. She must have hated him, if she couldn't even keep in touch with a girl that was half his, half hers. I sort of had a mental image of what she was like. Straight blonde hair. (Where else could I have gotten the straight, light-brown stuff.) Oh, and that's all I've built. Except she's a banshee. Well, not literally. I just am not too fond of the creature.

"Oi! Matt! Mary Parker," Michael Ross sat down on the bench beside me.

He was Matt's dorm mate. Charlie Weasley, Matt, Michael and Peter Norm had always gotten along well. All Gryffindors, they were what you'd expect out of a bunch of seven-teen year old boys. Quidditch-crazed, liked to show off, and weren't in the least bit interested in girls. Of course, I know there is probably more to them than what I see. Take Matt for example; I know almost everything about him, from whom he thinks he is to what he eats for breakfast. Our parents were close in school, and stayed that way in their later years.

"Peter and Charlie will be coming- oi! You lot, we're over here!" Michael had apparently seen their two friends earlier than expected.

I love Matthew; he's like a brother. I don't mind Charlie or Michael; we're acquaintances. But Peter Norm I absolutely loathed. He's a braggart, and is constantly making fun of me. He thinks he's some kind of player. The stupid goat. And he calls me Mary; gosh, I hate that he does that.