Chapter Twenty-Two.

"Oh my, my, my.", Claire said when we walked into her hospital room. She gave us a weak smile as her eyes went down to our holding hands and her weak smile grew a little. She still had some gross yellow bruises around her face and her right arm and leg are still in a cast. All that wasn't there was the oxygen tank. But she had this sparkle look in her eyes. "That's nice to see after three and half weeks of sleep.", she said.

Kaden smiled and went up to his mom and hugged her, "Thank god you finally woke up, mom. You were really scaring us.",

"I know, your father been saying that that past twenty minutes.", she said, smiling at Joe, who smiled back at her. His eyes were still a bright up blue and he looked at her so lovingly. He loved her so much.

I gave her a hug, "I missed you so much, Claire. Joe and Kaden has been a real handful to take care of.",

She chuckled as best as she could, "Well thank you for taking care of my boys. They would have been so lost.",

I dedcided to keep that fact that all of them were lost. I gave her a small smile as we all sat down next to the bed. My mood from what just happened ten minutes was a little better, but the guilt and hurt was still there.

I can't get over that Melanie called me a slut. It stung to hear it from her. I really wouldn't have cared if it was someone else, but Melanie my best friend. Best friends don't call other best friends sluts.

And just the way Logan looked at me made me feel so much guilt, it was unbearable. I never wanted to hurt him and I thought I would be able to tell him tonight, but I guess that was ruined. But I guess it was also better this way. I didn't have to tell him and he didn't have to say the words 'we're over'. The way he lift made it clear he didn't even want to talk to me, why would he still want to be with me?

"Doctors says I can go home in two days.", she said, chuckling in relief. 'Thank god. I miss my bed so much.",

"Well I miss you being next to me too.", Joe said. "It's been so depressing sleeping alone.",

She smiled as he took her hand in his, "Well, you wont have to feel that feeling anymore. But I wont say you wont--all of you, wont be taking care of me. That means making me breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Oh! And cleaning the house and-", she cut herself when we all groaned and she chuckled, enjoying this.

Joe told her about how I met a gypsy and how she's going to help. He told what she's going to do and her eyes lit up.

"Oh my God, that's great.", she said. She reached out and touch Joe face, "But thankfully your going to stay the same, Joe. You wouldn't be you if you weren't.",

He placed his hand over hers and smile, "I know.",

I watched them with awe. They were so happy together and I can see real love from them, not because they're Bounders. I couldn't stop myself from entwine my fingers with Kaden and he gave me a light squeeze.

After about almost an hour of talking and grabbing junk food from the hospital cafeteria vending machine and going threw eight cans of soda, visiting hours were over. We all hugged her goodnight and I saw it was hard for Joe wanting to leave her side again.

Kaden and I was in his car in the parking lot of the hospital. I was staring out the window, thinking back to what happen with Melanie.

"Wanna talk about it?", Kaden asked.

I shook my head, "No, not really.", I said, but I guess I do really. I turned and looked at him, "You don't think I'm a slut, right?",

"Of course not, Jesse.", he said. "Melanie was just in shock. Look," he said, leaning over closer to me. "She's going to regret saying all that by tomorrow and you two will be the best of friends again.",