Chapter #10

It was nearly that time. The time for your destiny to be fulfilled as Saber's barrer. Your 16th birthday. The day you would die. You put your hand on your knee and pushed down to try and stand up but your legs were so wobbly that you just fell back down. You knew this was going to happen since the day Saber picked you but you honestly didn’t expect it to hurt this much. You started to raise yourself up again when your arm was lifted and placed around a neck. You looked at Gaara as he half lifted you up.

“We’re almost there.” He said helping you continue walking down the path.

“I can walk by myself.” You said knowing full well that you really couldn’t. Your legs would instantly fall out from underneath you if he let go. He didn’t acknowledge what you said and just continued on in silence.

~Later~

Gaara helped you slowly make your way up the stairs, gradually step by step until we landed on the threshold of the sand sibs apartment. He took a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door.

“Go ahead.” He said pushing it open for you. You used the wall as support to get into the room as Gaara walked in behind you.

“Gaara? Is that you?” The blonde girl asked walking into the living room to see the two of you. “Oh, hello.” She said looking at you. A trickle of blood slipped from the corner of your mouth and she looked at you surprised. “What happened to you?” She asked raising an eyebrow and then looking passed you at Gaara.

“Long story.” You said leaning the side of your body against the wall.

“I’ve got time.” She said shrugging.

“I don’t.” You pushed off the wall and nearly fell to your knees before grabbing onto the back of the couch. “Where’s your phone?” You asked. She gestured to the corner table where you seen a wireless phone. “Thanks.” You said slowly approaching it.

“Hey Temari! I’m really hungry! When are you going to make something to eat, huh?” The third sand sib said walking into the room. He stopped short and blinked as he looked at you. “Oh. It’s you.” He said looking bored.

“Good to see you again too.” You said picking up the phone and dialing the phone number for your hotel room.

“The name’s Kankuro.” The third sand sib said and you briefly glanced at him.

“Good for you.” You said and then continued to ignore his presence. The phone rang three then four times and you sighed and hung up the phone. “Okay then.” You dialed Kakashi’s house number that you got off Naruto earlier. You figured that you might have to call him. The phone rang twice before it was answered.

“Hello.” Kakashi said through the earpiece.

“Hey Kakashi. It’s Adira.”

“Oh, hey Adira. How did you get this number?”

“Isn’t it amazing how much information you can get out of Naruto?”

“Okay.”

“Is Shiyuri there?”

“Yeah, Shiyuri’s here.”

“Can I talk to her?”

“Okay.”

“Adira, are you okay?” Gaara asked as you started to fall over. You nodded as he came to your side, ready to catch you if you started to fall again.

“Who’s that in the background?” Kakashi asked.

“What? Oh, no one.” You said returning your attention back to the phone.