Ch. 40: Lana's Fears

"If you want a happy ending, it just depends on where you close the book!" - Orson Welles 

Important Info: So many of you lovelies have been wondering if there will be a sequel to Elle's adventures and I am here to tell you! The Answer Is: Of Course, Idiot~ (jk, love you all) But, Seriously, of course, the romance has only just begun! This story is my 'fun' one while my DoA series is quite filled with action and a lot of puzzle pieces to jam together >:( so I won't be giving it up soon!

~Chapter 40: Jenna's Tears and Lana's Fears

A/N: I'm sorry.

     Mrs. Weasley's attitude towards me had changed like a switch being flipped and she remained by my side the rest of the day, gushing about how I was just 'charming' and how Fred may be 'temperamental' but he really was a good boy. And, how she just knew we were going to end up together when she saw him carrying me into their home the night I came to their house (which made me blush like mad, I hadn't remembered that happening).

Harry was pacing the Common Room while everyone was enjoying the moments of family and no school work. "Don't worry Harry, I'm sure everything will be good, and even if you don't win, you still made it this far!" I called, pulling my legs up onto the couch next to a grinning Ginny, she was currently painting a gold and red 'GO HARRY POTTER' sign.

"Thanks Elle." Harry smiled lightly and shook his head, walking towards the door and going out. "I'm going to talk to Mad-Eye and see if he has any more information I could use."

     At this, Lana stiffened. I raised a brow and Jenna shook her head, about to ask Lana what was the matter. Lana eyed the crowds of families and friends and shook it off. "It's nothing, that guy just gives me the chills..." The way her voice trailed off into a soft echo seemed to say that something was amiss in her mind. I tried to recall what she'd been telling me about Mad-Eye this morning, but couldn't.

     "Lana, you said you'd found something --right?"

     She shook her head, as if this wasn't the place or time, and whispered that we could talk about it later. Leaning in closely, she eyed Mr. Weasley and his wife. "They seem nice. Mr Weasley said he worked for the government?" She asked.

      At my slight nod, Lana hmmed and shook her head. "I wonder if they know the lessons Professor Moody has been subjecting everyone to." We said nothing further. After all, Harry put his faith in Moody, as did Dumbledore. And, we had no further reason to question things -- being from another continent entirely and everything.

"So, Elle." Hermione piped up with a smile, throwing herself next to on the couch and giving me a serious look. "Mum and Dad wrote me today, and they told me that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley invited us to stay half of the summer - but they want to know if that is okay with you, and what you wanted to do over the summer?" She bit her lip, giving me a questioning look.

"What do you mean?" I cocked my head to the side, seeing the smiling faces of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Ginny as they waited patiently for my answer. Ron had left with Harry earlier.

       Hermione chuckled and shook her head at me as if I was missing a part of my brain. "What do you want to do this summer? Did you want to go home to America for a while? See your brother Trey? Mum and Dad say it's whatever you'd prefer!" She wrinkled her nose with a cute smile and nodded. My expression must have looked amiss because she laughed and rolled her eyes while I thought it over.

My mind went into a frenzy. Trey? Clarisse? I hadn't even considered seeing my old family again. I hadn't even thought about Trey and his wife Alle in a long time. I was the worst adoptive sister in the whole world. "Really? They'd let me do that?"