Hidden Peak (boyxboy)

Chapter one

The Takeover

“Ranger! Ranger where are you?” A white werewolf wandered around the rocks. “Ranger!”

I peeked over the ledge at my twin. 

“Ranger!” He held his paws to his face. “Come out.” He folded his arms. “This isn’t fun anymore.”

With a smile, I slipped back and climbed down. I crept through the shadows, closing in on him. 

“Ranger, come on.” He stomped his foot and put his hands on his hips. “I don’t want to play this game any-”

I leaped from my hiding place and tackled him to the ground. My twin squealed and struggled to get away.

“Ranger!” He turned on his stomach and glared at me.

With a grin on my face, I leaned down and licked his cheek before climbing off him. “Come on Skyler.”

The sub clambered to his feet and ran after me. I slowed down, so he could catch up. He jumped onto my back and I fell to my knees. We rolled around in the dirt with Skyler laughing the whole time. 

“Ranger,” called our mother. “Ranger, be careful with him.” 

I climbed off the smaller boy and stood. Offering my hand, I help my twin up. 

“He’s not hurt mom.” I put my arm around my brother. 

She shook her head. “Be careful.”

I gave her a smile. “I will.” Grabbing my brother’s hand, I led him down to the stream. I tromped through the water while he waited near the bank. 

“It’s cold,” he muttered when he stuck his foot in the creek. 

“Come on.” Bending down, I throw a wave of water at him.

“Ranger!” he screamed as he ran off to hid behind a tree. 

Simply laughing, I continued to splash water toward him. “Skyler,” I playfully called. “Come out and play with me.”

“No.” He stuck his tongue out at me. 

I narrowed my eyes at him and gave him a smirk.

“Ranger don’t!” He took off back toward the cave. 

Taking chase, I nearly caught him before we went to hide behind our mother. My shoulder sunk as I knew the fun was over.

“Ranger,” my mother shook his head. “I told you to be careful.”

“I was,” I whined, sitting down by her feet. “I didn’t hurt him.”

My brother lay wrapped up in our mother’s arms. He smiled and snuggled up into her chest. 

Grabbing my tail, I started running my hands down it. “Can we still play?”

“Later Ranger,” sighed my mother. “You need to go dry off first. It’s getting colder, and I’d like it if you stopped trying to get your brother wet.”

“Fine,” I breathed, standing. I walked over to a nearby rock and climbed to the top. Laying out, I felt the sun heat my deep red fur. 

Another woman from the pack walked over to my mother and sat down. “The twins are getting so big.” She ruffled my brother’s head fur. 

“And naughtier,” she glanced at me.

I sunk lower to the rocks. 

“How are you feeling today, Fiona?” My mother ran her fingers through my brother’s fur. “Any day now you’ll have a pup of your own.”