In Need of a Holiday

Chapter 10

The next morning Corin and I walked hand and hand down into the main hallway. There Aro, Caius and Marcus were all sitting in there thrones, looking as regal as ever. They had been chatting amongst themselves their heads slightly bowed inward, a natural instinct to protect the secrecy of their conversation. 

Corin stepped forward and kneeled, “Good morning masters.” 

Their heads turned to them and they stopped talking, “Ahh yes Corin. I hope that you mission has been successful.” Aro spoke.

“Yes sir we were very successful. But I have a request to ask of you. Is it possible that I would be allowed to take a vacation of sorts? I feel that she needs some more time to relax.” 

Their heads bowed back in. I pulled up Edwards gift and focused in on their conversation,

Caius: We should not allow them to go. She is the most powerful asset we possess. Our best bargaining chip if anything were to happen. What if they were to run away together? Marcus brother is it not true that you have seen the potential for them to become mates.  

Marcus: Yes they do have the potential to become mates the connection is there, but I believe she will end up with the one that we all fear. 

Aro: See brother there is no reason to fret. She will be fine with Corin. Maybe this break will do her good you had been complaining of her lack of obedience. Some time away will do her good. The lake home in France is unoccupied. That way she will be close enough to return if anything happens. 

Caius: I still do not like this idea Aro, but it seems that you have Marcus on your side. Thus I am out voted.

Aro: Right you are brother.

Aro stood from his seat and addressed both of us, “Corin my brothers and I find that to be a wonderful idea. The lake home in France is currently free. We would like you to spend your holiday there.”

“Yes Master. Thank you sir.” Corin said, bowing his head before taking my hand and leading me out of the room.

We continued into my room where we both breathed a sigh of relief. I closed my door behind me quietly, waiting to hear the lock click before I spoke.

“I think that that went well.” I told Corin, slightly breathless. 

“Yes it when very well,” He grabbed me in a hug laughing, “It went very well, and now we are going to France to the lake house.”

“Have you been before?” I asked him, looking down at his face. He was still holding me up.

“Yes when they first bought it I went with the guard for a bonding weekend. It’s beautiful Mercy; you’ll love it”

I smiled at him as he slowly place my feet on the floor. “We can leave tonight!” I exclaimed to him. 

“Of course!” he smiled back at me. 

“Then what are we waiting for?” I laughed at him, “Let’s Go!”