Chapter 8: The Great Escape

Kira’s POV

I woke up in the pod in the centre of my tiny room. I had spend the previous day exploring the VR's possibilities, making myself an awesome rooftop flat and a sleek sexy motorbike. Afterwards, I took a cab to my new home, admired the bike for a while and then entered the building to explore my new flat.

When designing the flat I had hesitated when going over the children extensions but added them anyway. God, how I wished Yara was here with me. Now standing in her room, which I made identical to the one on Earth, I missed her even more.

I sat down on the chair beside her bed and wondered how I was going to get of this frekking ship and back to Earth.

Zach had made my dilemma worse. Now I knew that we would be better off here. From what I gathered from the Internet newspapers and news flashes yesterday, the situation down there was quickly spiralling into chaos.

I needed to get Yara and my parents the hell out of there.

I lifted myself out of the pod and looked around. I knew there was a shower. But were there towels? And clean clothing?

I pushed and knocked on the walls to see whether there were any cupboards behind them. After three attempts a part of the wall moved aside, revealing a cupboard with clean red uniforms. Mmm…but no towels.

I shrugged. I could always use one of the uniforms as a towel.

I grabbed two of them and some underwear that was lying next to it.

Jeez, why the dull grey colour?

Apparently we are not allowed to have too much fun here.

I walked over to what should be the shower and pushed the button. The shower walls moved out.

I removed my clothing and stepped into the enclosed space. A showerhead appeared above me and I waited for the water to hit my body.

Nothing happened.

I looked up and touched the showerhead.

It didn’t feel wet nor was there any calcium on it.

I moved my head. It seemed to emit a very high-pitched sound.

No! They must be kidding. Did they…

“Yes it is a sonic shower. So you won’t need a towel.” Zach’s voice said through the intercom.

WTF?

“HAVE YOU BEEN SPYING ON ME?!?” I yelled to him.

He chuckled.

“Nothing I haven’t seen before.”

I looked confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Never mind.”

“What do you mean that you have seen it before? Answer me!”

He sighed.

“When beaming you to the ship your information comes past my terminal. I need to check whether all your parts are okay before reconstructing you.”

“What?!?”

“Let’s just say your parts caught my attention.”

I could hear him trying not to laugh.

“Kira, could you please put some clothes on. I want to give you a tour of the machine rooms and the helm.”

My mouth fell open. The nerve of this guy!

“Go away and come back in 5 minutes.”

No response.