Chapter Eleven: Bailey

Hey Guys sorry this update took so long, if any of you were dying of impatience. Life has sort of taken over and I has held me hostage so I haven't been able to get any writing down. Hopefully life will take a hike and I can get bakc to what I love most; writing. As always, thanks so much for reading/voting/commenting it really means a lot.  

Tilting my head to the right I continued to stare at the IcePlex building in confusion. My gaze flicked up to my Garmin, double checking that she had taken me to the correct place and she had.   

“What the heck, the IcePlex? I’m so confused.” I complained feeling my nerves start to get the best of me. To where I debated if I should really go through with meeting Dill here.

The IcePlex was an indoors ice skating rink, if the name of the rec building hadn’t given it away already. Besides being an open to the public ice rink, this was where the Redgraves liked to host their free to the public practices in between games. I’ve managed to drag Kade down to watch the team once or twice last season, but he always found something to complain about. Kade didn’t think going to practices or scrimmages was worth the drive or his precious time. That the team didn’t do anything really entertaining or impressive during the practices that Coach Hutchins put together.

 About that time I would go ahead and smack Kade upside his head and tell him that’s not what the practices are all about and of course he knows this, he knows hockey almost better than I do, but he doesn’t care about the sport itself or the players and yet he wants to be a sports journalist. He’s a complicated fellow . . . what was I saying? Oh, yeah, I was trying to convince myself that maybe I shouldn’t be doing this. That maybe lady-balls were overrated and if used improperly could get you into seriously fucked up situations that could and probably will end with you crying on the bathroom floor with pints after pints of ice cream surrounding you.

“Shit,” I muttered with a shake of my head, turning the ignition off I shoved the wad of keys into my purse. Opening the driver’s side door a chilling breeze stole through my many layers of clothing freezing my ass to the seat and further convincing me that I shouldn’t be going through with this. Fighting with the wind to keep the door from blowing open I looked up at the massive rec building and cursed again.

“Double shit,” releasing the door I jumped out of the Jeep slinging my purse across my chest, I locked the doors and slammed them before I changed my mind and jumped back into the semi-warm Jeep.

Stuffing my glove covered fingers into the pockets of my navy peacoat; I hunched my shoulders burrowing my nose into the wool scarf I wore. Grumbling to myself I started to make my way to the entrance, careful of the patches of ice that covered the parking lot.

“This is ridiculous, I am ridiculous to agreeing to this.” I complained to myself and God because really who else listens when you complain? “Why did I listen to Sawyer about what to wear to this “thing”? Because it’s definitely not a date. I thought that wearing sweatpants because it’s cold as hell outside was a marvelous idea, but apparently to Sawyer sweatpants didn’t flatter my butt in a good way, so I’m stuck wearing skinny jeans and an emerald green cable knit sweater at least I got to wear my UGGs.  

Walking into the IcePlex I expected to be engulfed in a wave of heat because of how freaking cold it is outside but guess what, there was no fiery furnace of heat blasting down on me. Nope, it was cold. Not as cold as it was outside but cold enough that taking my coat and gloves and scarf off wasn’t an option.

Walking down the ramp that lead to the ice I expected to see a massive amount of people on the ice. Kids on a school field trip, couples holding hands trying to not pull the other down, and young girls pretending to be Olympic figure skaters. But there wasn't a soul out on the ice or anywhere in the building, this isn't creepy or anything.