1. Name at least five (5) skills that a teacher should have to be able to come up with an effective board displays. Elaborate on why each skill is needed.
The skills that a teacher needs to create an effective board display could include:
1. Creativity - Instructional content can be dry and boring in a classroom setting. Creative teacher
tries to present concepts and content in an interesting way.
2. Visual Skills - Teachers are somewhat like interior designers; they must be able to visualize the
presentation and impact they want to create, then apply those to the display.
3. Organizational Skills – This goes along with # 2, but organization includes comparing and con-
trasting, grouping and arranging content in a meaningful way.
4. Communication – Teachers know that words combined with visual content can often commu-
nicate more than words alone. As well, the teacher must be a good communicator.
5. Minimalistic Views – Good teachers know they must minimize content to the basic building
block they want to teach. Rather than a display aimed at students who understand the most, the
best, or the easiest, the display would be shared to include students who understand the least,
the poorest and the hardest.
2. Which of the skills do you already have? Recall your past experiences in making board displays. How do you practice these skills?
I do have a bit of creativity, organizational and communication skills. I have done some
postings In our room before and even in the school that I am teaching at. It attract students if
you have that colorful background and they also love to see their faces or they schoolmates pos
ted on it. And make sure also that what you posted on your board will be of great importance
to your student or audience. I also have a visual skills since I wanted to get their attention with
the display I am going to make.
3. Which skill do you need to develop? Reflect on how you can improve on or acquire these skills?
I think, more on the minimalistic view and creativity. There are lots of ways or techniques
that I am not aware of or that I haven’t try yet because I don’t know how to do it. That’s why
There’s a need for me to be expose to a lot of bulletin board displays so that I can apply it on my
Own bulletin board. Surfing the net could be of big help since internet offers a wide variety of
Sample board displays and techniques on be effective on it.