FS 3Technology in the Learning Environment - EPISODE 4

EPISODE 4

Tools of the Trade (Teaching Aid Banks)

Name of FS Student:OKISHIMA, TRINITY AHNN SUMIYE G.

Course:                CPRT                                                                                                      Year & Section:                                               

Resource Teacher:          SHIRLEY G. PACLAR                                         Signature:                                          

Cooperating School:       TIBANGA SDA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL                      ____________________

OBSERVATION NOTES

Name of School Observed:          TIBANGA SDA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL                                      ______

School Address:                Brgy. San Miguel, Tibanga, Iligan City                                                                      

Date of Visit:      October 11, 2011                                                             

As I went around the school I saw learning materials that could be useful in teaching my lessons. Those are multimedia and computers. I am teaching endocrine system to the nursing students. And I want them to familiarize the parts of that system as well as to be acquainted with its functions. Computers will be a useful source for searching information and the multimedia will be a good instructional media to aid the discussion. And these resources are available in the school where I am teaching. To add more learning resources, I can make power point presentations and project it by the use of LCDs,  I can also make cut-outs and flash cards for learning enhancement activities and evaluation purposes.

LEARNING RESOURCES ON A SPECIFIC CONTENT AREA

TOPIC                    Endocrine System            ______Grade/Year Level:             Level III – Nursing Students      

Endocrine

Concept

ANALYSIS

Give at least three benefits of doing a survey of available materials before making your own materials? Explain each.

1.        Doing survey of available materials will give a new idea to the teacher of what to make and how to make it. There may be unique learning materials that could be beneficial to the lessons that the teacher will be teaching, and by looking at other materials he/she can have additional information on what to do.                          

2.       Doing surveys can help the teacher realize what other learning materials that she/he need to make or avail in order to enhance learning in his/her class                    

3.        Doing survey may also help the teacher evaluate if  the material he/she will be making is beneficial or relevant to his/her lesson.                                    

REFLECTIONS

1.       Which of the materials did you like making the most? Why?

Making power point presentations - I can put different graphic designs, effects and transitions. I can also insert pictures, video clips and even sounds. Making power point presentations aids to enhance creativity.

2.       What difficulties, if any, did you encounter in making the materials? How did you overcome them?

I did not encounter problems in making my presentation because the power point program has a guide on how to use it.

3.       What tips can you give teachers regarding preparation of teaching materials?

The teacher must assess first what are the learning styles of his/her students. She must see to it that his/her materials will fit to the learning styles of the students for the learning to be effective. The teacher must also identify what is the best material that she should use to present her lessons. The teacher may do surveys to the available materials or can search through the internet.