Chapter 1: Lack of Color

This chapter is dedicated to Jessabellx for the gorgeous cover that I used in the begining before I figured out how to make my own covers. It's on the sidebar so definitly go take a look! She's an awesome writer so check out her stuff. (The Girl Who Sold Herself On Ebay is one of her great ones) :)

STOP RIGHT THERE. Now, just because this story is completed doesn't mean I don't need anymore feedback. Please give me some, it's lovely! It's great to see you stumbled across my new story. After I wrote this chapter I came across this song called Lack of Color by Death Cab For Cutie. The lyrics fit this storyline so if you want to give it a listen, it's good. Thats what this chapter is named after :)

I put A LOT of references to the lack of color in Quinn's life here, but it's not ALWAYS like that through the story. This chapter just really focuses on that feeling for her.

Now read on! I'll love you if you do c:

And don't forget to comment, either.

NOTE: If you feel like you are struggling with depression, it can get better! Talk to someone about your feelings and most importantly you need to remember that it isn't your fault for feeling that way.

thank you!

*****

                                                                                 ☼

                                                                            Prologue

I look around myself, and all I see is gray.

                Okay, maybe that sounds a bit dramatic, but that sure is a great way for me to describe it…

                When I looked around myself, everything is gray, different tints and shades. I find myself not caring anymore, about anything... and I didn’t even realize until just recently.

                I wake up.

                I go to school.

                I come home.

                Then I sleep.

                Repeat… It all repeats. Nothing changes. Sometimes maybe something different will happen, but I don’t feel it. I don’t even process it.

                But on those lucky occasions… splashes of color occur. I never know when to expect them, but they sure do come, and when they do come, I’m alive and I feel happy. My gray world isn’t gray anymore. It’s bright and full of color.

                But honesty, these splashes of color never, ever last.

Chapter 1

Lack of Color

I was sitting in Art Fundamentals like every other day, when someone finally noticed…

                I was tapping my pencil and staring out the window, bored, as my teacher enlightened the class on our new assignment. Ms. Berry walked in front of the white board and set a canvas on its ledge for the class to see. She had painted a picture of what looked like someone’s backyard. A swing set and sandbox sat in the middle of the yard, with forestry just surrounding its edges. Play buckets and shovels were scattered around in the sandbox and sitting on a swing was an old-looking teddy bear. It was painted in only dark colors, deep blues and greens.