Chapter 1

I hope you enjoy this new book. It is much milder than AFAF, for those of you who read that before reading this. There will not be many sex scenes in this story, although there will be a few. The majority of the characters are in high school, so I thought it should be somewhat milder. It feels to me that this story moves much slower than AFAF, but I want it to be that way. I started writing this story years ago, before I graduated from high school. I have made many changes to it since then, and I am hoping to finally finish it by putting it on wattpad. I hope you enjoy it. If you don't like the first chapter, please hang in for a few more before giving up on it. Thanks!!

****************************************************************************************************************

DREW

I'm in geography class, daydreaming about the things Ellie and I can do when school wraps for the day. I hope that she wants to go to Kroger's Lake. It's early fall, and the leaves are just starting to change. Hanging out with Elle and the crew would be the perfect end to one of the longest weeks of the year.

Playing football makes the beginning of the school year both exciting and agonizing. Coach works us so much, it feels like every muscle in my body has been torn right off the bone. Luckily for us, our game is on Saturday this week, so that just means practice tonight. I can handle practice. The bell rings, and we are free. I leave class and begin walking down the hall toward the gym.

"Hey, Drew. You ready for the game tomorrow?" Stacy Kinder asks as I pass her in the hall. The most annoying thing about playing football is the barrage of comments that being on the team brings. No one can see you as a single entity anymore: you are always tied to the game. The entire student body feels the need to incorporate "football" into any dialogue they share with a football player. It can get to be tiresome after awhile. Not even football players want to talk about the sport all of the time.

Across the hall from me, I see Emily Martin, Ellie's twin sister, glaring at me. For reasons unknown to most of the general population, she utterly despises me. I have been dating Ellie off and on for the past five years, yet Emily can't seem to warm up to me. In the beginning, everything seemed cool, but somewhere along the line, I became her worst enemy. Even so, I have no problems with Emily. It would make all of our lives a little easier if she would thaw out a little.

It's hard to believe they're twins sometimes. Ellie is thin, outgoing, and popular. In fact, she's the cheerleader to my football player. Cliché, I know, but that is how the cookie crumbled. Emily, on the contrary, is thickly built, quiet, and has a handful of friends. Em is very compassionate toward those whom she loves, but equally as passionate toward those whom she despises, i.e.: me.

Her glare is piercing, and I find myself intimidated by her presence. I have to play up the cockiness, though, because this completely infuriates her. I saunter by her and give her the most arrogant look I can muster.

"Go ahead, Rangle, don't say hi. I guess I'm not cool enough to be in your clique. Boo hoo," she taunts.

I hate this. Why does she insist on making such a big deal about not liking me? I get it. She despises me. She wishes I would jump off of a bridge. There is nothing I can do to make this girl happy. Believe me, I have tried.

"Hi," I say as she is haranguing me. She doesn't hear me because her own voice is about 100 decibels louder than mine. Oh well, not my fault.

Ah, there she is, walking toward me. My Ellie. Her long blonde hair and violet eyes are all I need to make me forget about my troubles. Not to mention her mile long legs and tiny little waist. I would be hard-pressed to find a man or woman on this earth who would not agree that this girl is beautiful. Sometimes I can't believe she actually wants to be with me.