B L♛ 22

Eva

"Doll what are you doing?" Dr. Jones asked as she checked me. Her eyes widen as she stared at me.

"N-nothing" I choked out.

She sighed "You have got to be doing something, your blood pressure is through the roof" I started to fear for the life of my baby. My mind was going a hundred miles per hour and I didn't know how to stop it.

"Well" Kavon started. "I think she worries too much about work"

Dr. Jones adjusted herself to hear what Kavon was talking about "Let me hear more" She said as she shot me a stare, that instantly had me feeling guilty. Kavon's snitching ass.

"Well, she is always on the go and is always worrying ya' know?" He said, which was true.

"Well, Eva love you need to slow it down, to lower your blood pressure because if you don't you can develop signs of preclampsia and we don't want that at all because you would have to be hospitalized"

I sighed then focused my attention back on Dr. Jones "So take it slow mommy, we want that precious baby to be healthy and speaking of healthy remember to eat foods high in fiber and I will schedule a appointment next week just to check up on you to see that you meet these needs.. if not I will put you on best rest"

I wiped the hot tear as is ran down my face. I don't want to be on bed rest and I sure as hell don't want to be hospitalized. Dr. Jones turned the machine on after rubbing the substance on my belly. I looked to the screen and my eyes were met with my baby girl.

" Looks like she is going to have Kavon's big ass head" I joked.

"Shut up... my baby girl and I will have big heads together" He replied as Dr. Jones and I laughed. She turned the sound on the machine up and we began to hear light thumps.

"Is that her-r heart beat?" I asked on the verge of tears. I looked towards Kavon and he smiled and then kissed my hand he was holding onto. Her heartbeat filled the room and a smile was upon my face every second of it.

*

The baby room is halfway done. Some people came to paint earlier today. Her walls are pink with a orange stripe going in the middle. All the furniture pieces are in there, her crib, changing table and dresser is white. Her ultrasound picture are enlarged a bit and they are on the wall in a white frame. Her curtains and orange. We have to get someone to install a closet system so her clothing could be organized.

"Baby.. come rub my feet" I said as I laid on the couch watching scandal. He smacked his lips "No, Hell no!"

"Please..." I pouted as he came closer to me from the kitchen.

He sighed "Okay" and came over to the couch. He sat down and pulled my feet into his lap and being going to work.

"Mm, yeah' I moaned out with a smile. I felt a light flutter in my stomach that caught me off guard. My head snapped back to Kavon.

"What?" He asked with concerned eyes.

"I think she just kicked" I said as I placed my hand on my stomach to feel the flutter again.

"Let me try" He said like her kicking was a damn xbox. He place his hand on my stomach and the flutter feeling came back. I cocked my neck back.

"Why didn't she kick when I put my hand on my stomach and she did with you?" I was definitely feeling some type of way.

Kavon brushed his hand across his waves "Maybe she knows it's daddy" He grinned.

"Nigga shut up" I laughed. I could tell she was going to be a daddy's girl. Daddy's girls are the best, I mean I am one. I think it would be super cute if she was a daddy's girl. I figured we need to to start coming up with names, because I am getting tired of referring to her as "her" or "my baby girl" I want to begin practicing her name.