Chapter Forty Five

Hindi na kami madalas nag-uusap o nagkikita ni Aiko. She's always busy with Tristan. I don't know what's the real score between them since I never bothered to ask but I do know they've been seeing each other a lot.  Naisipan kong bisitahin siya. I wanted to know what's going on between the two of them. I hope it's nothing serious.

I got in my car and went to her condo. I pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door but no one did. So I turned the doorknob and I found out it wasn't locked. Gosh! Napakaburara talaga ng babaeng iyon. She always forgets to lock her door. Paano kung may pumasok na magnanakaw dito? I called her but no one answered so I just welcomed myself in.

"Aiko?" Tawag ko ulit sa kanya. I heard her voice from her room but I didn't understand what she was saying. Akala ko alam niya nang nakapasok ako sa condo niya. Lumapit ako sa kwarto niya and the door was slightly opened. I peeked inside and what I saw made my heart drop. 

I was frozen for a moment, my jaw dropped in disbelief and my eyes widened in shock. My head was spinning and my heart was aching. I slowly took steps back and hit something behind me. Nahulog ang vase na nakapatong sa mesa sa tabi ng sofa. It made a loud crashing sound as it hit the floor and shattered into tiny pieces. I wanted to run from this place but my feet felt like it was stuck to the ground.

"What was that?" I heard Aiko said. Lumabas si Tristan mula sa kwarto. We just stared at each other for a few seconds. I could see the shock in his face when he saw me. His face went from shock to emotionless. Lumapit si Aiko kay Tristan and wrapped her hands around him from behind.

"Oh hi, Miranda." She said with a smile. 

"I-I'm so sorry." Napayuko ako. I was trying so hard to hold back my tears. Damn it, Andi, don't cry. Sabi ko sa sarili ko. "Sorry talaga nabasag ko pa itong vase mo." 

"It's okay. I hated that vase anyway." Aiko giggled. "Kanina ka pa ba nandito?"

"K-kararating ko lang. I'm so sorry." I said, trying to keep my voice steady. I didn't want to look at them so I kept my eyes on the ground.

"Don't worry about it. Bakit ka nga pala nagpunta dito?" 

"I just... uh... dropped by to say hello." Sabi ko. 

"Guess what?" She said with a huge smile on his face before looking at Tristan with twinkling eyes. Tristan averted his eyes from mine to Aiko's. They were both staring at each other and I knew what Aiko was going to say. I knew she was going to say the words I dreaded to hear. Binalik ni Aiko ang tingin niya sa akin. "Boyfriend ko na siya! He asked me to be his girlfriend kanina." Aiko said happily. Umakbay si Tristan sa kanya and he kissed her on the side of her head. Watching them was torture.

I felt physically sick. I had to inhale deeply to keep the tears at bay. I didn't even know how I managed to smile. "Oh...  I'm so happy for you guys." I tried to sound cheerful but my voice slightly cracked. Good thing they didn't notice it.