Chapter 9

Braelyn's stomach was doing somersaults under the elastic dress she wore.

' Breathe, just breathe' she kept repeating to herself. She and Tatyana stood outside Duke's front door. Tatyana looked stunning, as always, in a white blouse and galaxy tights with six inch thigh highs on.

'How did she do it?'

Braelyn wondered that every time she and Taty went out. The girl always managed to look flawless, no matter what she wore.

"You okay?" Tatyana turned to Braelyn.

'Not really.' "Yes." Braelyn nodded. Her bestfriend didn't look too convinced, but let it go all the same as she proceeded to open the door.

________________________________________________

Jake spotted Braelyn as soon as she walked through the door. Damn. She looked so good.

The one-shouldered black dress she wore looked as if it were painted on. It hugged every curve on her, and there were so many...

"Shit." He mumbled to himself. Jake couldn't remember the last time Heather, or any girl, had made him hard just by looking at her. But Braelyn definitely had.

'You're just really drunk.' he told himself. Truthfully, though, he hadn't really drunk that much, so he was buzzed at the most.

No, it was just her. She looked so sexy in that dress, he couldn't deny it.

"Man, do you see her?" Duke came up from behind, slapping Jake on the back. He, however, was completely obliterated. He probably had been before the party even started.

"See who?" Jake asked, pretending he didn't already know who Duke was referring to.

"Braelyn, man. Look at her. Isn't she so fucking hot?" Duke tried a drunken attempt at wagging his eyebrows.

"Did you invite her?" Jake avoided the question.

"Yea, I did when she was over here earlier. Man, look at her ass. She's perfect." Duke gushed. He looked over at Jake with red eyes. "Bro, I think I like her."

Jake blinked, not sure that he'd heard him correctly. "What?"

Duke nodded. "Yea. I like her."

Jake felt a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach. He tried to ignore it, forcing a fake laugh instead. "Duke, you're drunk."

"And a little high," Duke agreed, "but that doesn't change the way I feel, man."

'But seeing another girl might..' Jake kept the bitter thought to himself, instead saying, "Weren't you just trying to hook up with Ashlen Rhodes?"

Duke shook his head violently, resembling a child. "That's different."

Jake raised an eyebrow, slightly feeling annoyed with Duke. "Really? How so?"

"Cause," Duke leaned into Jake as if he were telling him a secret. "I want Ashlen with my dick. I want Braelyn with-" he stopped, suddenly straightening back up. "Nevermind."

He patted Jake on the back once more before he staggered off drunkenly.

______________________________________________

Braelyn forced the syrupy alcohol down her throat once more.

"Here," Tatyana handed her a cup. "Drink this."

Braelyn did, feeling thankful as the Coke replaced the alcohol. "What was that?" She asked the guy who was passing out shots.

"Jager!" He screamed over the music.

Suddenly, everyone was cheering, and he began refilling her shot glass, along with everyone else's.

Braelyn looked at Taty, who had already downed her shot, and was using her Coke chaser.

Braelyn threw her head back, trying to get the drink back as far as she could without it touching her tongue. As soon as it was down, she took the soda from Tatyana, taking a big swig.

"How many is that?" Braelyn asked, realizing that her voice sounded a bit slurry.

"Six or seven?" Tatyana shrugged. "I kinda lost count!"

"Great!!" Braelyn threw her hands up loosely. "Who's going to drive us home?"

"Why don't you stay the night?" The deep voice behind her made her jump. She turned directly into Duke's broad chest.

"Hey!" Braelyn found herself giggling wildly as she placed a hand on his arm. She felt a deep heat inside her stomach, but she wasn't sure who put it there: Jager, or Duke?

"Come dance with me." He said, not waiting for her reply as he took her hand. Braelyn stumbled after him, looking back to Taty for help. Her best friend only gave a wink.

Duke pulled her to the middle of the living room, which had been temporarily turned into a dance floor. 'The Zone' by The Weeknd ft. Drake began to play throughout the room. Duke took her waist, pulling her closer to him as their bodies began to move together. Braelyn wrapped her limbs around his neck, entangling her fingers in his hair.

This felt so nice. So right. Just being here with him. Not having to worry about anything.

"You look so beautiful tonight." his words sent electricity through her as he whispered them into her ear.

"Thank you." She said into his chest as she moved even closer to him.

Duke welcomed the embrace, pulling her in with his arms. He placed his hands lightly on the small of her back dangerously close to her butt.

Braelyn weirdly felt as though she wanted him to move lower. But surprisingly, he didn't. He just brushed his thumbs on her lower back,,making tiny strokes.

Braelyn closed he eyes and inhaled his scent. He wreaked or marijuana and Armani Mania, and she liked it. Liked being with him this way. Drunk or not, she wanted this feeling to last. The feeling that it was just him and her and no one else.

___________________________________________

Jake watched from the corner as Duke and Braelyn danced. He didn't want to, but he couldn't take his eyes away from the scene.

He knew he shouldn't feel the way he felt, but he did. He didn't want to see Braelyn in Duke's, or anyone else's, arms. She deserved better than Duke could give her. Braelyn deserved the world.

'And who's going to give it to her? You?'

Jake lifted the shot of vodka to his lips. He downed it, then turned away, heading down the hall.

No, he couldn't give Braelyn what she deserved. How could he? Heather had ownes his heart for 3 years. How could he learn to love anyone else? Start over with anyone else?

But even as he tried to rationalize that to himself, he still felt... Jealous. Jealous that he wasn't holding her. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Jake closed the door to the guest bath behind him. He sat on the toilet, pulling out his weed and  papers.

There was nothing he could do...

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Hey guys!! So how was this chapter? I wanted to end on a different detail, but I got super into the scene. This chapter was very fun to write! I hope you guys liked it. What do you think is going to happen? Any predictions? Make sure to leave your comments, concerns and criticisms!  What do y'all think of Duke and Braelyn? What's Duke up to? Let me know what you guys thought of everything! Until next time!

XOXOXO(: