Going Unnoticed, But Not by Him

Author's Notes - This prologue is dedicated to AshleyP for making the spanking book cover for me. :D It's amazing. I absolutley love it! :) Anyways, if you like this story, vote, comment, or fan. Whichever one is A-okay! ;3 I hope you enjoy this book though, since I always had this idea inside my little noggin, but never really paid any attention to it. So, in the end, enjoy peeps. ;)

Prologue

 It was just a normal, average school day for Crystal. She was already in her last period of the day: English. 

Crystal really loved English though, so everything they were learning in class just came to her; almost like common sense. She'd always thought that learning about how to really write and to prepare yourself for the English regents was a common goal between her and for her peers. But, it wasn't. 

Right now she was making haste of writing down all of her notes, while the other students were foolishly playing around and not paying the slightest attention at all to the lecture. 

Why do they even bother to come to school in the first place?

She thought, her head shaking irritatingly. The top of her finger had a all ready gotten swollen, and when she looked over to her side, wanting to see if there was any sign of swolleness on her classmate's fingers, her mouth fell open. And, in the shockness of it all, her eyes started to twitch. What in the world?

Her eyes started to wander around, looking for any sign of effort being demonstrated by one of her fellow peers. But, she found nothing, no trace of effort being put into anything at all. 

Wow, so people are even starting to get lazy throughout their school year too. Heh, they're smart... Crystal wasn't conceited, a teacher's pet, or anything of the sort. But, she did always try her best to ace all her classes and at least pass with an okay grade. Though, it was always just for her main classes: Math, Social Studies, Science, and English. Those were all the ones that really mattered to her. The others classes were just whatever for her. 

Though her classmates always made fun of her for trying to learn, she always put on a straight face and just walked away, it didnt matter to her. For in her eyes, they were the ones who she shoud be made fun of, not her. 

"All right, class. Settle down. Settle down," Ms. Opisso said, trying to bring her class into a moment of quietness, at least for a while. "Okay, so you will all be working on a project next week..." Ms. Opisso began, all ready hearing groans from the students. "You will need to pair up with a partner. Be it from class, or just anyone you can find to help you to complete it. The project will be about a book that you've read, and a book that you're partner has read. Both of you will discuss about your different perspectives of the book, and the comparison of each of your different thoughts."

Crystal was listening intently at her teacher, her eyes glued to what the teacher was informing them all about. "And, it will have to be at least two to three pages lenthwise. The due date will be on January 23rd. Good luck!" That's the last thing she said, the bell ringing almost instantaneously. 

Grabbing her bag from behind her back and putting it right in-front of her, Crystal began to fill her bag with her English binder. She constantly took her time to get things finished, like she always thought - "If you want something done right, you got to do it yourself."  I wonder who made that quote. I really like it.

She stood up from her desk, making herself toward the doorway. "Goodbye Ms. Opisso. Have a great weekend," she said thoughtfully.

Ms. Opisso looked up from her papers and sent a smile Crystal's way, "Thank you very much. And, you have a great weekend too."

Smiling her way out the door, Crystal ran to the back entrance of the school. She didn't ever go to the front, since it wasn't where the route to her house was. The back entrance was the best way to go home for her. Nobody ever took this route, only her. She didn't know why though. Pushing open the two double doors, she walked home slowly. Her nostrils began to take a whiff , filling itself with the new fresh air, and then releasing it with the utmost appreciation. Crystal had the most appreciation for the cold, since she had always hated the summer.

It's so sweaty and gross, her mind thought negatively of the season.

Just when Crystal began to think about this, she felt a small tug at her sweatshirt from behind, making her turn fully backward, her hair bun coming loose, as in to make sure if anybody was following her.

"What was that?" She questioned, a little frightened by the feeling of the touch, her eyes looking every where for a view at anyone. Yet, there seemed to nobody there.

So, she turned around, feeling reassured about everything again, her legs starting to walk, one foot right in front of the other.

I wonder what that was...

However, without her realizing it, something or someone had tugged at her sweatshirt  in order to get her attention...

Then, once she had turned around and had begun to think everything was normal again, he had taken this as his opportunity. He slowly and sneakily went behind her, grabbing a hold of  her falling ponytail, wanting it so badly.  Then, the ponytail had  begun to slip out of the strands of Crystal's hair and land atop of his awaiting and transparent palm, not having the least bit of patience at the moment. Finally, when he had it in his hand, he lifted it to the tip of nose and inhaled the smell, still looking at her as she was walking farther and farther away, not breaking his contact away from her. Not even for an instant.

This was the smell of her...

The smell of the girl he had been watching over for a long time, the girl who had stolen his heart, with her not even having the slightest bit clue.

This was the girl who was to blame for him wanting to become human again, though he all ready knew he could not.

This was the girl who was going to change his life forever.