Ch19

All daylong,I tried to avoid Kimberly. When my shift ended, I still didn't quite know what to do,but I managed to admit ,that I can't fool myself anymore than this ,at least today . . . so I made my way to the bakery where  Mr.surgeon waited for me.

I stepped inside the shop and the sweet smells made my mouth water. 

"Hey Doc. Here." Waved with a smile Brandon ,while eating muffins at a table in the corner of the shop.

I nodded and with a weary, tired smile and made my way to him, and sat down across him at the table.

"What's up?" Asked  the man with full mouth .His hair in a mess but still in ponytail.

"Don't talk with your mouth full of muffins." I smiled and shook my head . . . like a child really." Tired.Long shift. You?" 

He swallowed and took a sip from his hot chocolate. "Ahhh, hot. . . shit. " I chuckled at him. "Don't laugh at me . It burns. " He stuck out his tongue.

I raised my hands. " Sorry ,maybe I will have to treat that serious injury of yours. " I ended my sentence with a wink.

"Keep that thought,Doc. "He laughed " But later I wanted to take you out to dinner and after that get you drank ."

"Oh, so after dinner, you get me wasted and try to have your wicked way with me." I leaned closer and lowered my voice.

"Well , one can always  try." He winked and copied me,get closer to my face." But I like them willing. " 

"Hmm, maybe then we just leave out the dinner and get over to the drunk part. After that "I sat back in my seat. "We should go to your place ,Kimberly is rather curious.I'm sure she will wait till I get home, before she goes to sleep. "

He grinned and leaned back in his chair too. "Fine with me. But for one,I am hungry and I think you too.After an 48 hours shift. So, dinner at my place? "

"Well okay with me ,but I have to tell you,I ain't a chef. " I pointed out my cooking skills ,or rather the deficiency of it. 

He chuckled and raised one hand. "I can make something simple don't worry.Or we can always order."

"I think we should order you seem tired yourself too." 

" I am. Long day  as you said. " There was a frown on his face as he admitted how exhausted he was."We should order some Chinese .You like it?" 

"So how was your day? "I asked again with a gentle smile."And Chinese okay with me. "

"Good then ,deal. "He sent me grin,but it didn't reach his usually playful eyes." Well shit day, but I don't like to repeat myself that much, you know. " He winked again trying to play me out.

"But somehow you always manage to make me repeat again and again my sentences. " I sighed and ordered some tea with some cheese rolls.

"Ha ,true." He took a bit from his sweets again and continued after he swallowed. " Fair is fair then." 

I nodded and gestured with my hand for him to keep talking. " I had some issue, with one of my patients ." I raised an interested eyebrow.

"You are a surgeon ,your patients are either sleeping or. . . sleeping. " 

He nodded with that worn out, but also boyish grin." Well that's true, but you know,I like to know whom I work on .After the operation what happens to them.Stuff like that. "

" My superiors leave me alone with that one, it's my choice anyway. "He shrugged,carelessly.As if. He was a caring guy,he couldnt fool anyone,me neither.