Chapter Twenty-One

We finally get to meet Dan's family in this chapter! Will it be good or will it be bad? I guess you'll find out here!. I have NO idea what the video is for this chapter, but I'm heading to bed and I'm too tired to eve check. I think it's terabrite or something like that. Oh well. Enjoy the chapter!!!

~~~

Sky

I checked my watch and saw that I still had about an hour before my mother would arrive to drive me home. Avery went straight to her parent's house after work so they could spend some time with her before her mini party at our place started. Since I had some time to spare I decided to stop by the drug store to print some pictures from my memory card. Ave and I were always adding our memories to our photo albums. We always made two copies of our favourite pictures so we could add it to our, "top secret BFF album," which was where all of the funny, happy, and amazing pictures of us together were. It was top secret since we wouldn't let anyone but our own eyes see it. It's what made the pictures even better.

After I selected all of the pictures that I wanted to be printed I walked around the store and added everything that I wanted to my little shopping carrier. I decided to buy the usual girly things; razors, shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste, and extra tooth brushes since Luke and Dan seemed to always forget their own whenever one or both of them stayed over. I decided to grab a random Tim Card for myself so I wouldn't have to lug a wallet around whenever I felt like taking a walk around the block.

Before picking up the prints I decided to be extra safe and check some online tips about meeting the boyfriends parents. Apparently the mothers like when you bring them cookies. I hurried to the food section and grabbed a Pillsbury cookie dough package before finally picking up the pictures. I requested to make one picture in particular larger so I could frame it in the hallway that led to Avery and my rooms. It was a picture from Costa Rica where Ave and I were making classy kiss faces with our sunglasses on. Apparently Luke is a good photographer and found the perfect setting on the camera to make us look awesome.

After buying a nice frame and paying for the other items I finally made my way to the parking lot where my mother was pulling up. I got into the car and kissed her on the cheek before she drove away asking me a million questions about my week.

~~~

Dan, Luke, and myself we're all set up. The pizza was on its way and would be arriving about ten minutes before Avery. Everyone was rocking their party hats and had those loud annoying horn things. Streamers were everywhere and Jack was holding a little present box in his mouth from Luke. Dan couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that Luke somehow managed to train Jack into holding things for him without eating them. I bought jack a mini party hat from a dollar store and I must say he looked adorable. Almost as adorable as Dan did with a bright silver and pink party hat. I left a mental note in my head that I would sneak a picture of him later on.

As soon as the door handle turned we all took a large breath before screaming, "happy birthday" at Avery and scaring her half to death. "Mother of- ooh! Jack's here!" she exclaimed before running up to the little puppy and patting him on the head enthusiastically. "Alright, ignore all of the presents and cake for a puppy," Luke said, which made Ave snap out of her puppy-filled world and pounce on Luke. "Thank you so much guys! I didn't expect you guys to actually go through the trouble of throwing an actual mini party," she said with a huge smile on her face. It was then that I observed what she was wearing. Ave was wearing a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a white tank top under a black cardigan. I didn't even realize that she owned those things. "When did you get those jeans?" I asked while observing them.

"My mom always buys clothes for me and leave them in my drawer so I don't have to spend my time with then in a uniform," Ave explained and pointed down to the jeans. "She bought a few clothes out of my style in hopes that I would eventually wear them. I decided that since I'm finally stopping with the whole "gothic look" I decided to bring them with me," Ave said and nodded towards the small suitcase near the open door. It was true. Ever since we got back from our Vacation, Avery had been toning down with all of the black. She started to wear less makeup and more colours. Luke walked over to the door and closed it right as the pizza guy walked up to it. He quickly opened it and apologized before paying him and bringing the extra large pizza to the table.