Chapter 2

Savannah POV

“Savannah?”  My mom just stood staring at me.

“Ya,” I chocked out, “it’s me mom”

She slowly started walking toward me until she was right in front of me.

“Mom” I said almost pleadingly

For a moment she didn’t do anything, and then before I knew it, I was engulfed in the tightest hug I’d ever experienced. She started crying on my shoulder, and I couldn’t help but cry too.  I hugged her tightly, but apparently too tightly because she yelped in either surprise or pain, I didn’t know.

“Sorry!” I gasped, I didn’t think I hugged that tightly, but sometimes I don’t realize my own strength, I haven’t really had much time to get used to it. I really didn’t want to hurt her. “I didn’t mean to!”

She just waved it off, while trying to dry her eyes unsuccessfully.

“Oh baby,” she breathed, “I thought I’d never see you again, I mean, we thought we’d never see you again.” She corrected herself.

“I’m so sorry!” I needed her to know that it was unintentional. “I love you so much mom, I can’t believe you’re standing right in front of me”

You can’t believe it? I can’t believe it!”

We hugged again and when we pulled away mom was just staring at me, or well, more like at my clothes. I was wearing a loose black sequined tank top under an open black leather jacket. I had on dark skinny jeans and a dark blue scarf around my neck. I also had on black stiletto ankle boots with gold studs, my locket that I always wear, and my dark navy-blue bag that I set on the couch earlier. This probably caught her off-guard because the last time we saw each other I was a very girly-girl. I always wore bright colors and dresses.

“You certainly have changed” my mom stated

“You have no idea…” I trailed off.

I had changed a lot in the two years I had been gone. But obviously she was talking about the physical changes. Back then I had straight bright blond hair, but now I have wavy dark-brown hair. I had grown from being 5’4 to being 5’9. I had moved up from my old A-Cup to my new C-Cup. My complexion has gotten much nicer and I have thinned out as well. Over all, I like my look, I think it suits me. But, if you didn’t know who I am, you wouldn’t be able to recognize me.

“We really need to talk.”I told her

“Yes, we definitely do, but we should wait until your father and the boys get back,” she told me.

“The boys?” I figured dad was out with James, and if James is out, Sirius most likely will be with him. But did she mean Remus and Peter also?

“Yes, the boys, James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter. I know they won’t believe it when they find out you’re here, I know I can’t!” she explained with a broad smile as she led me into the kitchen, but not before I grabbed my bag off the couch.

James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter…I love them all so much! Well, maybe not Peter, he always kind of creeped me out… My brother James Potter was, well, just that: my brother. He was the greatest brother I could’ve asked for. He’s strong, caring, protective, and it never matted to him that I was just his little adopted sister. He was always there for me.  He has extremely messy black hair that never wants to stay in place and hazel eyes that are always covered by his glasses. He’s tall and has a good build from all the Quidditch he plays. He and Sirius have girls always chasing after them, but James only has eyes for one, Lily Evans, my old dorm-mate, and other best friend. When I wasn’t with the marauders I was with her and Alice, my other old dorm-mate.