this is not mine i ripped it
Senju Naruto by Baal of Yarns
You'd think being brought up by his mother instead of as an outcast would make Naruto's life a little easier, but nothing comes that easily for a guy with a demon trapped in his belly, even if he's genetically predisposed to handling it.. Eventual Mokuton!Naruto No pairings.
Categories: TONFA Award Category, General Fiction > Character-Centric, General Fiction > Pre-Series, General Fiction > Naruto Characters: Jiraiya, Naruto, Tsunade, Yondaime
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Humor
Chapters: 24 Completed: No Word count: 103806 Read: 20855 Published: 01/05/08 Updated: 14/08/08
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
All your ninja are belong to Kishimoto.
Spoilers for everything up to, and including the newest manga chapter.
A/N: This is NOT a pairing oriented fic.
1. Prologue: Life Altering Events by Baal of Yarns
2. Chapter 1: Dealing with It by Baal of Yarns
3. Chapter 2: A Little Over a Year Later by Baal of Yarns
4. Chapter 3: Terrible Twos by Baal of Yarns
5. Chapter 4: Not as Useful as it Might Seem by Baal of Yarns
6. Interlude: Training Day by Baal of Yarns
7. Chapter 5: Progress by Baal of Yarns
8. Chapter 6: Into the Deep by Baal of Yarns
9. Chapter 7: Rescue at the Beach by Baal of Yarns
10. Chapter 8: Out of the Deep by Baal of Yarns
11. Interlude: I Wanted a Kitty! by Baal of Yarns
12. Chapter 9: Homecoming by Baal of Yarns
13. Chapter 10: Meeting New People by Baal of Yarns
14. Chapter 11: Tsunade's Wrath by Baal of Yarns
15. Interlude: The ROOT of the Issue by Baal of Yarns
16. Chapter 12: Catching the Wave by Baal of Yarns
17. Chapter 13: Into the Sand by Baal of Yarns
18. Chapter 14: Brotherhood by Baal of Yarns
19. Chapter 15: The Two Sides to Every Coin by Baal of Yarns
20. Chapter 16: Making Headway by Baal of Yarns
21. Chapter 17: Cardboard Heroes by Baal of Yarns
22. Interlude: All Good Things Must Come to an End by Baal of Yarns
23. Chapter 18: The Beginning of the Middle by Baal of Yarns
24. Chapter 19: Unlucky Number Seven by Baal of Yarns
Prologue: Life Altering Events by Baal of Yarns
Now with title art.
Currently, I have no beta, and I'm kind of more of an artist than a writer. It's been a long time since I tried to write fiction so er, this chapter is a little rougher than the other 10 I've got written. It gets more polished after this! ;)
“Tsunade-hime! What are you doing here?” The newly appointed Yondaime Hokage greeted his sensei’s old teammate. Beside him on a bar stool, the Toad Sage was slumped over and softly snoring. He’d been out just long enough for a small pool of drool to start forming under his gaping mouth. It was relatively disgusting. The Yondaime was careful to keep the sleeve of his flame-trimmed coat from touching the slobbery mess.
“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” She quipped, while taking a slightly unsteady seat on the other side of the unconscious sennin. She casually tossed her long blonde ponytails over her shoulders. “After all, this dump is nearly a day’s travel from Konoha. Don’t you have a village to run?” She quickly snatched what was left of the bottle of sake Jiraiya’d been working on when he passed out – rescuing it before it could be tainted by the growing puddle.
“Eh, heh,” Minato scratched the back of his head in slight embarrassment, “well, the old man’s got it covered for now. Ero-Sensei thought we should go out and celebrate my appointment to Yondaime, and wouldn’t stop badgering me about it even though he knows I don’t drink. I finally had to agree on the condition that if he was going to get drunk and make me look bad, we do it where no one we know will see us.”
A sheepish grin spread across his face, a sweep of his hand taking in the water glass in front of him and the multitude of empty bottles surrounding his mentor like tiny cylindrical soldiers guarding his drunken sleep. “I’m kind of a role-model or something now, you know. On the upside, he agreed to lay off the peeping for the next few weeks if I came along and had at least one cup of sake. This way I’ll have one less nuisance to deal with while I settle into the job.”