Shattered Hearts Chapter 1

Celest stood rooted to the spot. Nothing in the world could have made her frozen limbs move as she tried to grip her tormented mind. The whirlwind blowing inside her head did not subside. Neither did the noises she heard in the room from which she was standing a few feet away. Her breath suspended, her hands chilled, and her heart beat against her chest erratically.

She stood stock still and listened.

"AGG, just like...that...YES!" Came a distinct high-pitched female voice.

"AHHH...your...amazing...I just love your tight...ah-" Panted a breathless male voice.

It was several minutes later that the frantic noises and pants drew to a halt.

"Are you going to do it tonight?" Came the female voice Celest knew all too well.

"You know I have to and I told her last night that I'll do it tonight. Your mother already warned me. I can't stall it much longer. Her inheritance is going to be public knowledge soon, and God knows how many guys are going to be courting her for her money after that."

"Oh, Aiden, I wish we didn't need to do this! I don't want to leave you tomorrow. Can't we think of something else?"

"You know we can't! She's worth £30 Million pounds! We can have our life settled after I get rid of her."

"But don't you think me going away is not going to have any effect, I mean what can possibly go wrong."

"The simple fact that I can't bear to look at her, especially if you're anywhere nearby." This comment was followed by a flirtatious giggle that ended up being swallowed by a gasp, followed by more panting.

"Do you think she's going to sign the legal documents after the engagement? She a brainy one, and you never know what's in her head. What, with her looking at the floor more than at you when you try to talk to her."

"I've got her around me fingers, don't worry love, she'll give the power of attorney over. You know she thinks I'm head over heels for her."

"Ha, I know, it's kind of sad really. I know she's always had a thing for you, probably from the time you first came here. It was only then, that I decided to take you."

"Ahh...that's what I love about you Ana, you take what you want! But that aside, you need to leave for America tomorrow. I've booked your ship tickets. You're leaving tomorrow."

Celest could not stand still much longer, her mind was in an uproar while her body was shaking and breaking out in cold sweat. Her breathing become heavy and her recently glued feet moved on their own accord.

She didn't know where she was going, but her feet kept moving. Past a corridor, down some stairs taking them two at a time. She walked into a dark room and shut the door with a bang.

Celest dropped to the ground with abandon, her back resting against the closed door. Her head between her knees and her arms hugged her legs. Her arms tightened as she thought of what she had just heard.

More than anything, she could not digest Aiden's betrayal.

How could he? He could he do this to me? I thought that he was different...

It doesn't matter what I thought! He's just like /them/! No different. A chameleon dressed in fancy clothing. A smile pasted on his face but behind it, hiding a façade so hideous, so calculating, it almost made her choke.

She remembered when she had first met him a year ago. Her father had just died and Aiden had been repositioned from Birmingham to London after the relocation in the company.