Black Butler, Yaoi?

All was fairly normal and quiet in the Phantomhive mansion, or so he thought. The occasional crash of expensive china plates followed by nasal cries of horror and the howling of a naked demon dog was all in the daily routine of the household. Ciel Phantomhive, age 12, and currently the owner and head of the noble Phantomhive family, was going about his normal day sorting through his emails and request of his and other companies.

At the present, Ciel had wondered away from his paper work as the prospect of reading through a lengthy email only to scribble some unrecognisable initials at the end of it was, surprisingly, not as exciting as it sounded. So, careful to avoid his demonic butler who would not doubt forcibly drag him back to his work (and all the while wearing that creepy grin on his face, which would cause any decent minded citizen to suspect him of abusing the poor boy. Though they probably don't think that he is in fact out to eat Ciel's soul, which in some way could be much more perverted) the pompous child made his leisurely way toward his grand library.

Ciel had just turned the corner round the corridor when the distinct sound of girly giggling (if not somewhat nasal sounding) pierced through air and stung his ears. Obviously recognizing that the sound belonged to his maid, Meirin, and was also coming from the library he had been heading to, curiosity set in and the 12 year old began quietly sneaking up to the entrance. With his back against the double doors, Ciel peeked round and took a look through the small opening.

There, in the corner of the bookshelves, just as he had expected, was Meirin. Snorting and squealing in that rather unflattering way of hers, Ciel could just make out a brightly colored book in her hands. Unfortunately, the fiery-haired girl had her back to the doors and so obscured Ciel's view of the title and cover so that all the young boy could make out was the writing on the thin spine of the book. It read:

'A Yaoi Novel'

"Yaoi...yaoi.. I've never heard of this before. It must be some sort of genre, a bit like 'Detective' maybe? It must be quite interesting for Meirin to have this sort of reaction..."

That afternoon Ciel called for Sebastian to come to his office.

"Sebastian, I've been meaning to ask, tell me - what is yaoi?"

The demon stiffened and blinked a few times in obvious shock. He had certainly not been expecting such a question to come out of his young masters pure lips. But, being a demon of a high breeding, Sebastian quickly collected himself after the brief slip, looked into the curious face, and carefully replied,

"Well, Bocchan, my apologies, but I am not entirely sure that I am the right person to tell you about.. such things." He said, bowing.

Getting annoyed at his butler for not immediately giving him an answer, Ciel crossed his arms, "What nonsense are you talking about?"

"Ah.. Well, perhaps Meirin is better suited to explain to you." 

'After all, I'm sure she knows far more about it than I do.." Sebastian thought to himself.

Ciel unconsciously pouted ever so slightly and look away to the side. "I have already tried asking her, but.. all I got back was a series of muffled words in gibberish. Oh and Sebastian," he looked back at his butler, "I think Meirin may be ill; she has a box of tissues with her and she seems to be quite red in the face."

The demon blinked in confusion once again before he understood and sighed. His master really was still just a child, and a sheltered one at that.

"Very well. I shall have a word with Meirin. But, Bocchan, as I have said, I am really not sure I should be the one to explain to you about.. yaoi."

"This is ridiculous!" Ciel put his hands on the desk and stood up sharply, "I do not see why you can't just tell me! I can't look like a child in front of clients if I don't know what something means. They'll take advantage of it."