The Demon Within [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 3

~Chapter 3~

“It’s been awhile.” I said, looking at Kiba as we walked towards his house, catching up on the past six months without each other.

“Yeah. Have you had as much trouble sleeping as I had?” He questioned, scratching the back of his head and I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye. He had slight bags under them and I scowled.

“Yeah. I’m really tired. Coffee has been my best freaking friend.” Kiba nodded, agreeing.

“You’re clothes have changed.” He pointed out and I glanced down at my outfit. My last one had been….destroyed. Let’s just say that exploding that village’s sacred building wasn’t the first time I had accidently caused an explosion.

Anyway, my outfit consisted of a black  v-neck long-sleeved shirt with a fishnet top under it, black shorts going to my knees and my shuriken and kunai holster wrapped on my leg with black ninja shoes on my feet. My normal white and teal sash was around my waist but crossed like a sideways X with Kōri Ma on it. I had switch the sash that wrapped around the handle and had three more feet of extra out, so instead of being the same as the sash around me waist, it was pitch black with a blood-red stripe running down the middle. I also had a pitch black hooded cloak with two white wing designs-one a demon wing and one an angel-that were both folded in on the back and outlined and designed with a teal color, indicating the feathers and such things. It went down to my ankles but it was ripped and uneven. The inside of it was a blood red and had hidden pockets inside of it which I held weapons and  (maybe) food in.

I shrugged, crossing my arms. The cloaks sleeves only went to my elbows and the thing over all was loose.  “A small explosion incident.”

“How many have you had?” He questioned, his eye twitching.

“Hm….about four….then twenty were on purpose.” He sweat-dropped, opening the door to his house.

“How ‘bout we take a nap?” He suggested and I nodded rapidly.

“Yes! Sleep time!” I mumbled, following him as we headed for the stairs after taking our shoes off.

“Kiba?! Is that you?” I looked over towards the clinic entrance to see Hana standing there. When she caught sight of me she grinned widely.

“Dragio! It’s been awhile!” I nodded, smiling at her.

“Yeah. I’m leaving tomorrow but I’ll be back after….hm….a month and I’ll probably be done. Maybe two.” She nodded, waving us away.

“Go ahead. You two look exhausted. Oh, wait. Did you eat anything?”

“Yeah. We were at the BBQ place with some friends.” Kiba answered and she nodded, going back into the clinic as Kiba and I climbed the stairs quickly.

Once we got to his somewhat messy room we both changed to night clothes and climbed into bed. Well, he did. I was in the bathroom, struggling.

“Dragio, what the heck is taking so long? I wanna sleep.” Kiba whined. I huffed, sticking my head out of his bathroom.

“Kiba, let me borrow a shirt.”

“Why?”

“My clothes are too small.” I pouted, disappointed because they were my favorite. Kiba started laughing, getting up and throwing me a black shirt with the Inuzuka clan symbol on the back.

“Did you get fat or something?” He teased as I closed the door again and ripped the really tight shirt and shorts off with my sharp nails that instantly grew at my command. As they turned back to normal I put the scraps of clothing in the trash can and pulled the shirt over my head, folding my ninja outfit and putting my sash on top along with my sword. I pulled my now shorter hair (It went to the small of my back and was layered) into a ponytail after slipping on Kiba’s shirt that went to my mid-thigh.