Cuddy Buddy - Chapter 4

Five weeks later...

It was the first day of school for the students of East Pointe High School and they were dressed to impress in their new clothing and shoes. As a part of the orientation assembly the school had requested someone from the health department to come and speak to the students. Hence the presence of Sierra standing on the stage.

Sierra's nerves were a wreck. At her last employment, she managed a medical office. This was a different ball game speaking in front of large groups of people. She made sure that she wore her best dress and heels to build her confidence. Her hair was on point and make up was subtle but also smashing.

She moved around the stage observing the group of teenage girls sitting in front of her. She was there to give a presentation of the importance of abstaining from sex. As she critiqued the young women that were present Sierra knew that majority were already getting dicked down. What she wanted to do was give the fast ass heifers some condoms and talk to them about birth control but the school wouldn't approve. The staff couldn't be naive enough to believe that any of these kids were abstaining. A male co-worker was speaking to the young men inside of the gymnasium.

Sierra went through all the facts and statistics surrounding sexual transmitted diseases and teen pregnancy rates. She was told to stray away from bringing religion into the discussion. Sierra instead spoke to the kids about their reputations and social standing if they were labeled promiscuous.

They didn't care. Apparently, it was cool to be a hoe.

Some of the immature girl's snickered and giggled when she displayed photos of the female and male genitals. She made the mental note to delete those slides before going into her next high school to speak.

"If any of you have any questions please feel free to email me or call me at my office." Sierra pointed to the power point slide. "This is my contact information. Remember my name is Sierra Adams and I'm a Certified Health Educator with the Health Department. Don't be afraid to reach out to me. I'm here to help. It wasn't long ago that I was a teenager so I know they type of things you're going through."

"How old are you?"

"I'm in my mid-twenties."

"When did you lose your virginity?"

Sierra's eyes zeroed in on the young girl in the third row. "I meant that you can ask questions referring to the program. Not personal questions." It was the same voice that had asked the first question.

Sierra would be admitting to being a hypocrite if she told the girl that she lost her virginity at 16 inside of a barn on top of a barrel of hay. It was a waste of ten minutes.

"I bet you were in high school."

This little bitch. Sierra rolled her eyes. "Like I said, no personal questions." Sierra was trying her best to stay professional but this girl was pushing her patience. She was about to become real ghetto in 3, 2, 1.

When no one else said anything, Sierra dismissed the group to return to class. She watched some of the girls throw away the handouts Sierra gave them. One petite blonde lingered around so Sierra got the hint that she wanted to talk privately. "Can I help you honey?"

The young looked around nervously. She shuffled her feet and looked towards the ground. "Can I come to your office?"

The girl was a terrified thing. She dug a business card out of her purse and wrote her personal number on the back of the card "Come anytime. If I'm not there, call my cell." Sierra had never given her number out before but something about the girl pulled at her heart. She couldn't put her finger on it.