I may have had your baby, but i still hate you

Mommy, mommy!” Screamed a small female child whose hair was golden blond who had the brightest clearest blue eyes ever seen by a human and had fresh clear tears falling down her fresh young face. The child was sitting in a corner of a nursery that looked as if it was to a newborn baby boy. There was a wooden crib, a playpen in the middle of the floor, dark blue paint covered all the walls, and a golden rug laid in the middle of the wooden floor.

At first glance this little girl looked as if she was just wanting her mom, until the crisp fresh air in the room beginning to thicken into a fog that looked like a dark black fog. Soon a glow of deep orange and red light the doorway, slowly small flames enter the room. Huge flames entered the small nursery after a short while, the little girl did not know what to do so she kept screaming 'mommy.' As the time ticked by the screaming cries slowly died into a soft wimpier.... Five minuets later, sirens where heard through out the town. Soon the towns people circled the charcoal house, watching and wondering what had happened and who had lived in the now black house. Everyone stood still and shocked when they watched a fireman carry out a small girl with golden hair.

If only someone heard this girl crying, a young life would not have been lost. If only, if only.

I closed the book cover, sitting by the tall oak tree behind my house. Tears slowly slide down my face, for the poor girl died cause the parents were away form home and left the girl by herself at the age of four. As I sat there I thought of how the life could have changed if the parents actually cared for the girl, I thought of how my life could have been changed if I had parents that loved me. I would not be in the foster home with other kids that there parents didn't care for them, I would be living in a house that I could call home and have my own room. If only, if only.

Slowly I got up and went into the building that I had to call home for seven almost eight years, as I enter I heard the sound of little feet running about. If only these kids could get adopted, most of them will but the older ones won't. I am one of the not so lucky ones, I was brought here at the age of five and was bounced from foster home to foster home. No one wanted a child who had a secrets, so I was dumped off here by the time I was ten and this is there I have been living. But the real kicker is that I still remember my real family, yes I only spent five short years with them I still remember them and who they were and why they had gotten rid of me.

“Sky, please get in here! You will freeze to death out there.” Nancy yelled. Nancy took care of all the people who were in this building, she was like a mother I never had. As I enter the building, oh sorry home, I walked up to my room which I shared with four other girls. As I looked in the mirror, I saw a girl who had brown hair, bright green eyes that held many past events that should never be shared, and rosy red lips that never moved. Most people say that I am pretty, but I don't. They say I would be a show stopper if I only talked. That’s right I don't and can't talk. I hadn't talked talked since I was dumped off into this place many years ago.

“Sky, please get down here and help me with dinner.”

As I helped Nancy make dinner for the hungry kids, I began to wonder again what my life would have been. That thought was soon lifted away as my son of three cling to my leg, my son Caleb. Caleb is my world, I don't know what I would do if I have ever lost him. I had him when I was 15, I do know who the father is but the father does not know that he has a son.

Later that night when I laid Caleb in bed, I looked ay him; the dark black hair, green eyes, full but strong face just like his father. I began to think about how lucky I am to have him as a soon, but I feel really bad that he does not have a father to take care for him. As I laid down on my bed I was over come by my past...

-Dream/flashback-

I remember walking down the gravel road which was in the middle of the forest in the northern tip of California. The sound of birds chirping and bees going from flower to flower made this place seem like a perfect place for a 14 year old girl, as I walked hand and hand with this boy, Xander. Xander was my first crush, and yes you guessed it the father to Caleb.

Xander was a boy everyone had wished for he was on the football team and was a grade A student. But he was only in town for a few months, I never got to meet his family. Xander never had any problem with me not talking, he even learned sign-language so he could talk with me they only way I know how.

Last that day he was in town, Xander and I went to a party and well a few beers later and well you can guess what happens. I did not know I was pregnant with Caleb till Xander felt town. The day Xander left he promised me that he was going to call, but he never did. I promised myself that I would never talk or look at another boy, I was hurt once I don't need to get hurt again.

-END-