Half A Heart

Liam: So your friends’ been telling me you’ve been sleeping with my sweater and that you can’t stop missing me.

Since the tour ended you feel like Liam has changed. Once you two had started talking about it, it soon became a fight which lead a ‘break’ in your relationship. Liam was too angry to feel anything other so he just stormed out and left you there alone and fragile. That was a week ago and ever since then he kept hearing about you. “You know, she still needs you. You need to go back there and fix things. For God’s sake, Liam, she still sleeps in that sweater you gave her before your tour. She doesn’t let it out of her sight. She misses you so much…but do you miss her?” Your best friend said from the other line of the phone. She called Liam and updated him on your state and that things need to be fixed before it’s too late. “Yeah. Of course I do. I didn’t think she’d want to see me after leaving her like that.” He replied in just above a whisper. “Then go and tell her.”

Louis: Forget all we said that night. No it doesn’t even matter.

As you opened the door to your flat you saw Louis standing there speechless. “I-I…um…” He stammered, trying to get the right words out. “What do you mean, Louis?” You said in attempt to get him to speak. “Y/N, I’m sorry. I know that’s not what you want to hear by now but I am. I want us to just forget everything we said that night. I didn’t mean any of it. I was stupid and you have every right to hate me. Please just at least find it in your heart to give me the slightest chance again.” He sighed relieved to get that out there. You grabbed his hand and lead him inside, closing the door behind you. “C’mon, it’s late. You look exhausted.” You weakly smiled as you walked him to the bedroom and kissed his cheek.

Zayn: I miss everything we do. I’m a half a heart without you

He walks into your shared flat to pick up the rest of his belongings. You were out and instead of coming back later he figured it’d be better to do this without you there to see him crying. As he walks into your bedroom he passes a photo album. Small dried tear marks are scattered across the cover. He picked it up, sat down on the bed, and began to flip through the pages. Photo after photo of you and him being happy and cute. He came across a page full of pictures taken by the boys. One of him tickling you and your smile lighting up the room. Another of you crouched down by him laying on the floor playing with your pup. Each memory of these photos flooded his head and came along tears. “I miss this already.” He whispered to himself.

Niall: Though I try to get you out of my head. The truth is I got lost without you.

Tour started back up again and even though it was the last country, he didn’t want to leave you again. He couldn’t seem to get you out of his head. Every song they sang at their concerts somehow would remind him of you in whatever way possible. He couldn’t seem to laugh at Louis’ jokes as much as he use to. He would chuckle but when he realized your laughter didn’t fill the room, he stopped and just felt bad again. Nothing seemed to help. He didn’t know why he was so lost. Finally, in what seemed like forever, you were finally reunited and that made Niall know he was home again.

Harry: Bet my friends’ been telling you I’m not doing much better.

Three months. It’s been three months since you and Harry broke up. He kept forgetting to call while he was on tour and more rumors started to arise, which you began to believe due to his distance lately. He was stuck in your once shared flat left with all the memories of you two together haunting him. Once in a while he would build up the courage to get outside and try to get out of this funk but every time he did, he saw you walking around with your friends smiling and all better. You never noticed him until today when you were getting a quick coffee at Starbucks. He sat at the corner of the shop near the door, his head down in his large hands. His body shook from time to time. Feeling bad you quickly wrote a quick note on a small piece of paper. You let out a sigh and as you walked past him to leave, you placed the note in front of him. He didn’t notice it until he moved his hands away from his eyes to dry them on his jeans. He picked up the note and squinted, attempting to read it through the blur of his tears. "Everything will be okay. I promise. x"