Chapter 2✓

Authors note: If you happen to be reading this right now then you are undeniably AWESOME!!! You rock for still sticking around for chapter two, this is where it actually gets interesting so please read, enjoy and tell me what you think! :)

*****************************************************

"I am so hungry!" I wailed as Marcus' car sped past yet another fast food restaurant and my stomach let out a loud rumble at the very thought of stuffing my face with a burger.

"We know! You've been telling us for the past hour!" Jake replied shooting me an annoyed look.

 “And your stomach’s been growling like a dog for the past hour,” Marcus commented from the front seat.

"That's because I've been hungry ever since we got in the car!”  I moaned. Its not that they didn't know how hungry I was, they had just chosen to ignore it.

“Shut up!” Aaron hissed, elbowing me, while gesturing to his ear piece, obviously trying tell me he was on a phone call. “No! Not you, Mr. Carter!”

Jake snorted and I whacked him on the arm.

"Fine, we'll stop to get some food,”  Marcus said, sighing.

“Yes!” I punched the air and grinned happily.

Aaron slapped me around the head, “Shut the hell up!” He whispered. “Not you, Mr. Carter! I was talking to my sister-” Aaron suddenly stopped talking and groaned, taking out his ear piece and glaring at me. “I hope you’re happy, because I just lost a really important drug deal.”

I grinned, “Whoops?”

Aaron huffed and whipped out his iPhone, tapping away furiously on it, a frown on his face. Along with Mafia films Aaron also enjoyed business. If he wasn't doing the job he was now I knew he'd be doing something big like running a company.

“Put on the sunglasses and the hat," Jake instructed, pointing to the two items beside me.

"I honestly do not get why I have to hide my face every time we get out of the car," I grumbled.

“Yes Sherlock, I wonder why,” Jake said sarcastically.

"Hmmm, let me think about it..." Marcus said, stroking his chin and pretending to think. I hated when they patronised me like this. "Could it be because half of the country’s police force is on the lookout for us?”

"Sheesh, it's not my fault that you guys have a crap hobby!” I shot back, looking at the ugly hat and large round sunglasses in disgust.

Jake raised an eyebrow, “Crap hobby?”

“Yeah, I mean could you not just be actors or football players, nooo you just had to be gang leaders didn't you?" I said sarcastically.

Jake chuckled and threw an arm around my shoulder, "You would rather have brothers that play football than brothers that kill people for a living?" he asked in mock horror.

"Yes. Yes, I totally would."

“Well, you do realize that you are part of the gang right?” Jake asked.

I shrugged, “Doesn’t mean that I want to. I just don’t want to end up working in Wal-Mart or some crap place like that.”

“Yeah, that’s why,” Jake said, looking like he didn’t believe me at all.

He knew I didn't really mean that. Yeah, what we did really was complicated and had plenty of downsides to it, but it could also be fun and exciting and it made us closer as a family. I really couldn't imagine us doing something else with our lives, let alone something normal like that.