"Mr. Jones, I don't believe you used the money for the car, did you?" Marcus asked.

I raised an eyebrow, Mr. Jones was lying. He was in trouble now. If there was one thing Aaron hated most, it was a liar.

Aaron had always hated liars. He may have been a ruthless criminal, but if there was one thing he expected from everyone, it was the truth.

When we were a lot younger, our parents passed away. Unlike me, he was able to understand what was going on, but not completely as he was barely eight. However, just like any other eight year old he could put two and two together so he knew that something was up, even though nobody would tell him. When all our other brothers got upset, Aaron did too, even though he wasn't sure why. The social workers ended up lying to him and telling him that our parents had gone away for awhile and would be back soon. When they didn't come back Aaron found out and it broke his heart, he screamed and cried and they shoved him in therapy, but I guess it was just one of those things that left you scarred. In Aaron's case, it made him hate liars. Which in some ways wasn't so bad, it could have been a lot worse.

"I-" Mr. Jones was cut short by Aaron who brought his fist down onto his face.

Mr. Jones let out a cry of pain and hid his face in his hands, when he moved his hands away, Aaron grabbed him by the collar and leaned in so that his face was centimeters away from Martins.

"Liar," he hissed.

"Aaron, calm down," Jake said, before turning to look at me, "Skye, will you take care of him?"

I shrugged and looked down at Mr. Jones, who was groaning loudly in pain.

"Sure thing, Jakey," I said grinning at him, only to have him roll his eyes at me.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to use the nicknames when we're at work?" he said.

"You love my nicknames and you know it," I said before turning back to Mr. Jones.

"I hate your nicknames and I know it," Jake corrected.

Jake was probably the only brother that could  treat a situation like this as a joke. He was the most carefree out of all my brothers and that also meant that he was the loudest and funniest one. Without him around life would be a lot more boring.

"Don't be too harsh on him," Marcus warned.

"Where's the fun in that?" I asked, taking another drag from my cigarette, before flicking it in the direction of Mr. Jones, who hissed in pain when the cigarette brushed against his arm, burning the skin.

Marcus laughed, "Skye, the poor guy doesn't want to spend his last few minutes on earth being tortured by the likes of you."

Marcus was probably the most sensible sibling out of all of us. He too enjoyed cracking a joke every now and then but he knew how important it was to have someone around who was level headed and could take charge.

"By the likes of me? I'm not that bad!" I protested.

"Yes you are!" Jake shouted.

I shrugged and pulled out my pink Swiss army knife. I loved that thing more than life itself. Marcus, Jake, Aaron and my other brother, Elliot, had gotten me it for my sixteenth birthday and ever since, it had been my favorite weapon to use for torture. Yes, it was pink and yes, it wasn't exactly a gun but it had a special place in my heart.

I flicked it open and admired the way the blade glinted in the sunlight for a moment, before returning my gaze to Mr. Jones, who looked from me to the knife in horror.

That horrified look was one I witnessed almost daily. That look when the prey knew that predator had got him. That look when the victim knew what was coming next.