Chapter 65

Note: Wow you’ve been reading this story for a long time now! Don’t forget to message, comment and vote to let me know what you think. :)

Since you’ve stuck with me for so long already, I guess you must love the characters as much as I do! Please help me get some money to continue writing! I’ve got 5 books planned out in my head, but I need some money in order to make time to keep up my writing.

Help me by ordering the printed version of this book! The book is only $16.99!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

Thank for the love and support, you guys keep me going when times are hard. :D

========

 Eros’ point of view

“How was your night?” Dylan flopped down on the couch beside me and yawned loudly. “I slept like a baby, but Corey said you were quite restless, talking in your sleep and stuff.”

I grimaced. Did my roommates really need to tell each other everything? “I’m fine.”

“Dude, you are so full of shit,” Dylan replied. “You look like hell.”

“Alright,” I conceded. “I’m tired, I feel like crawling right back into bed and I’m far from fine. Happy?”

“No,” he replied immediately. “Not happy at all. It’s that vamp girl, isn’t it? Is she making things hard for you?”

“Nah,” I denied. “It’s fine.”

But it really wasn’t. Claiming I was fine with Demona wanting to be with Simon was one thing, but actually living through her spending twenty four hours with the guy… that was no piece of cake. When they’d been with his family it had all been okay, but once they’d started kissing and touching and… I couldn’t even think past that. Mostly because I didn’t want to think about how they’d spent the night, but also because I just didn’t know. It couldn’t remember ever not knowing what Demona’d been up to and it didn’t feel right.

“What’s wrong?” Dylan asked, looking at me closely. “What did she do?”

I grunted. “You’re too perceptive for your own good, Dylan. Can’t you just be a normal, ignorant jack-ass for once?”

He laughed without humor. “If you can just be a normal popular dude, I can be that. But since you’re an all-powerful, mind controlling vampire with a huge crush on some stupid vampire girl…”

“Fair enough.” I sat up straight and pushed a hand through my unruly hair. “She was in bed with fairy all night.”

“Oh God,” Dylan said sympathetic. “And you had to live through it all?”

“Well, no… not exactly,” I started, wondering how to explain. “I guess I kind of… shut the connection off or something…”

The moment I’d felt them hitting a bed, I’d just known I had to get out of Dem’s head. I hadn’t known what they were going to do, but I’d been sure I didn’t want to feel it. Some noble part of me had even thought that she and the fairy deserved some privacy. So I’d tried to make myself as small as possible, to stay out of her mind, even though the emotions were overwhelming. My jealousy had been getting the best of me, so I’d had to push extra hard to get her feelings away from me. Suddenly, I’d felt all alone. There hadn’t been a trace of her left in my mind. I’d fumbled around for her, not believing she was gone, but all I’d found was the sense that she was still present, somehow, somewhere. Her emotions had finally been her own, no longer partly mine. It had been both amazing and terrifying.