Chapter 63

Note: Wow you’ve been reading this story for a long time now! Don’t forget to message, comment and vote to let me know what you think. :)

Since you’ve stuck with me for so long already, I guess you must love the characters as much as I do! Please help me get some money to continue writing! I’ve got 5 books planned out in my head, but I need some money in order to make time to keep up my writing.

Help me by ordering the printed version of this book! The book is only $16.99!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

Thank for the love and support, you guys keep me going when times are hard. :D

========

“You. Are. Awesome.” I flopped down on the couch next to Simon and ruffled his hair.

He ducked away from me and held up his hands, laughing. “I know, but why in particular?”

“You seriously need to ask me that?” I countered, raising my eyebrows. “I wouldn’t even know where to start.”

Today, Simon had helped Sam turn her arm – just her arm and keep it that way for ten minutes straight, without turning into a full-blown killer machine or anything. He hadn’t even needed Eros’ compulsion to do it. Milford could now turn his left arm without any help, and when Simon stepped in he could turn his feet as well.

Eros had been practicing on Sam and Milford and he’d made great progress. He’d been working on Simon too, even though he was immune now. Eros couldn’t break through, but he’d been giving Simon a hard time keeping up the barrier that prevented the mind control from working. The reason they were still going at it even though Eros now had two guinea pigs to practice with, was that Simon though Eros should get a feel for the barrier. Understanding how Simon fought against him might help him keep himself in check. It sounded logical enough: Eros could in time learn to draw up a wall around his own mind, keeping the mind control firmly inside.

The progress Sam, Milford and Eros were all making had made Simon more confident. He’d become our leader, so to speak. Of course Eros still teased him and Sam was her usual snappy self, but when Simon said something needed to be done, they all did it without hesitation. I was a very proud friend.

“Oh, I need your advice on something!” I veered up and faced Simon. “I’ve gotten your dad two gift cards. The first is for a vegetarian restaurant and the second gift is for the Burger King. I was wondering if he’ll be able to laugh about his daughter-in law, the vegetarian vampire, trying to get him to enjoy a meat-free meal… you know, while making up for it by giving him the chance to eat a greasy burger afterwards. You think he’ll like it?”

No reaction. Simon was staring at me with wide eyes, not responding.

“Sime, you okay?”

“W-why did you get my dad anything?” he stuttered.

I rolled my eyes. “Because his birthday this weekend and I’m invited, remember. I can hardly go empty handed, now can I?”

“You’re still going with me?”