The Hidden Royal [7]

For commenting on my story! :) I also want to thank everyone who has gave me feedback. I really appreciate it! Hope everyone enjoys this chapter!

___________

       My brother stared at me with a look of shock, anger, and disbelief. That’s all he did for what seemed like hours. I wiped the tears nervously and waited for him to say something. Anything. It’s not like him to not speak for over a minute. I’ve never seen him so silent before except for the time mom left us.

        “You…what?” He seethed and I gulped.

        “I…have a mate Shawn.” I said nervously.

        “Is that why you’re crying? Did he do something to hurt you?” He demanded, furious. “Tell me what the hell he did and I’ll put him in his place.”

        “Shawn!” I cried. “Listen to me. He hasn’t hurt me…physically. Mentally, just a little. But it’s not his fault. I don’t want a mate either.”

        “You don’t want each other?” He asked. “Why the hell not?”

        “Because of our sorry excuse for a mother. She ruined every chance of love for me. As for him, I don’t know why he doesn’t want me.”

         He rubbed his face. “This is wrong Victoria. I understand that you’re scared, but he is your mate for Christ’s sakes!”

        “I don’t want to go what dad had to go through!” I hissed, feeling offended that he wasn’t agreeing with me. “And it was worse for him because they actually completed the mating process! What if that happened to me Shawn? What if he decided to leave me?”

        “But-”

        “If mom could do it, he could do it.” I growled.

         He stayed silent and just looked thoughtful.

        I sighed. “I’m going to get some sleep. Goodnight.” I turned my computer off before he could say anything.

        I was overwhelmed by guilt and a little betrayal. Shawn, my twin, my blood, the one I thought would actually get me, made me feel like crap. Like I was the one at fault here.

        The next day at school, I expected Damien to at least acknowledge my presence. He never even spared me a look. The whole pack was shocked when he was flirting with Kelly, his ex girlfriend. I was more angry than shocked. What the hell did she have that I didn’t? I’m princess and if he only knew that, he would be on his knees, begging for forgivness and his life.

        To say my wolf was mad was a understatement. There were no words to describe her rage. Every second of every hour, she wanted out. She wanted control. I tried to calm here down, but hell. Even I couldn’t calm down. I was snappy and on edge all day. My wolf and I wanted to hurt Kelly for laying her filthy hands on our mate. However; I wanted to hurt my mate more because he let her touch him.

        He has another thing coming for him if he wants to play that game.

        “Maybe you shouldn’t go on this date…” Chloe said, scratching the back of her head nervously.

        I snorted as I slipped on the black dress that I once wore on the red carpet. “Why, oh, why should I not go on a date with a hot beta?”